Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Steamed Muffins


A good actor or actress can't do good acting on his or her own. They need good allies to carry out the task. Why am I writing about about acting? Am I into acting now? Read on......

Last Friday, I had the chance to meet one of the blogger, let's just name her MrsJ. Met her when she attended a class at Lea Oven. I knew she's going to join the class and had planned ahead with Lea and the rest of her team. Told them not to call me MamaFaMi when MrsJ is around, but address me as somebody else. When I reached her premise, I brought along some steamed muffins but I didn't bring it inside the class. Instead, I asked Lea's shop assistant to bring the container in, after 10 minutes with a message saying...mamafami just dropped off the cakes. She's in a hurry as she has to rush home to settle a few chores. After passing the 'dialogue' to the girl, I innocently and politely knocked on the class door. The way Lea had to control herself from laughing... you have my sympathy Lea dear. Hahaha.... But I guess I acted really well. Everybody was actually smiling here and there when the thought tickles them, but I maintained with my character. The soft spoken and cool lady. MrsJ didn't suspect a thing. And Lea carried her role pretty well. After 10 minutes, in came the muffins with the message from MamaFaMi. And yes, MrsJ starts talking about MamaFami, with me by her side, just to hear the story. Hahahaha....

Finally Lea signaled to me, asking me to reveal myself as she can't take 'the torture' anymore. When I gave her a green light signal, Lea asked MrsJ if she recognised MamaFaMi's voice if she hears it and MrsJ said yes. Then asked again, does this lady's (me) voice sound like MamaFaMi? And MrsJ said No because MamaFaMi does not have a 'kepit' voice! HAHAHAHA....am I that loud? Oh gosh, this is embarrassing!!!! When Lea asked MrsJ to call MamaFaMi, and the phone in my pocket starts ringing... oh my goodness, how MrsJ kept beating me with all her heart! Hahaha... Sorry MrsJ. I didn't mean to pull a prank on you. It's just that I want to introduce myself in the most 'stylish' way that you will never forget me. Hahaha... You are such a sport MrsJ. I love your friendliness! To Lea and the team....kudos to all of you for a job well carried out!!!! Thank you!~ Big round applause to all..... *clap* *clap* *clap*

Okay enough excitement for one day....Now let's move on to the recipe to share. I had tried steaming this muffin the day I went 'acting' at Lea's place. Got the recipe from Mak Lang Azie, but I've changed the recipe slightly just to give more colors to it, and with Mak Lang's consent that is. Thank you Mak Lang for sharing this lovely recipe with all of us....







STEAMED MUFFIN

Ingredients A :

2 cups evaporated milk (I used fresh milk)
1 cup cooking oil or 250g melted butter (I used cooking oil)
1 3/4 cups castor sugar
1 egg

Ingredients B : to be sifted

300g superfine flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
Essence : Durian, Strawberry, Yam and Pandan
Food coloring : yellow, pink, purple and green

Method :

1. Mix A using a whisk.
2. Pour B into A and mix well.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cups layered with papercups.
4. Steam for 10 minutes in high temperature.

Happy birthday to the famous Uncle Lee of A Moonlight Rendezvous. Many happy returns to you...



15 comments:

  1. Salam mama!! sedapnyerrr muffin tuuuu... kita suke tgk yg mekar2 mcm ni ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam ma, mekarnya muffin! kaler pun meriah gitu..

    eh ma, rumah baru ke? cantik!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ini nama dia steamed muffin a.k.a apam kukus kan?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Mama,

    I'm planning to make the steamed muffin this weekend...cam sama gitu ;)
    BTW, lain kali I nak masuk scrip u, boleh? ngeh3x...

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love Durian!these muffins are a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Noti u. I cant imagine myself being in MrsJ's place. Sure menangis tarik2 rambut, haha..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mama, cntiknyer kaler2 terang lagi! kiata pun dah try buat ari tu, resei mklang tapi buat kaler2 juga. kali ni ok mnjadi pulak kembang nya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salam mama.. thanks coz you like my post. Biasala tu mama, mama kan suka masak, pastu mama masak sedap2, mestila susah nak kontrol makan hehe. Takpe yang penting niat dah ada ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. huwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...lebey dasyat dr panggilan hangit tauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu....acting x hengattttttttttt....i msih tebayang2 muka ma yg innocent...sore kepit abih...Ya Allah.....dlm ati...lembutnyerrrrrrrr sore akk nih.....smpi nak bersembang pun segan....nasib baikkkk ku x ngumpat.....tp mmg geremmmmm laaa...satu kedai pakat......huwaaaaaaaa....haku kene prankkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

    ReplyDelete
  10. tak pasey2 zai pon dapat rase gak muffin ni....hehe...TQ mama

    ReplyDelete
  11. ijayuji :
    Waalaikumussalam. Terima kasih banyak-banyak ye....

    K.Nor :
    Waalaikumussalam K.Nor. Kita kan suka kaler kaler, jadinya kita modifylah sket jadi cenggini... Bukan rumah baru, warung baru je... hehehe.. warung burger.. ahaks...

    Wafaa :
    Apam? Mmm not sure can be called apa ke dak sebab tak guna yis pulak... Apa-apa pun, sedaplah rasanya.

    Yat Maria :
    Waalaikumussalam Yat. Buat jangan tak buat. Oh... ada yang sudi nak berlakon sama dalam 'drama' mama ye. Bagus ni!

    ♥peachkins♥ :
    Durian is my favourite too. But then, in these muffins, I just cheat by using the essence. I enjoyed durian better just as it is...

    somuffins :
    Kih kih kih... ini namanya...... usik usik bawa bahagia!

    Am-flora :
    Am punya lagi cantik ma tengok. Cemana Am buat, supaya coklat tu tak dok tertonggok je kat tengah. Am punya macam marble lagi. Cantik... I likeeee

    ziedazzle :
    Waalaikumussalam dear. Memang susah betul nak control makan, tapi at the same time, ada haaaati nak body lawa! Keh keh keh... tapi tak apalah, asal badan sihat okaylah kan...

    Jasmeen :
    Hi MrsJ. Ini kakak sore lembut mari dah... hehehe... Meen it is such a pleasure to know you in person la. Sama seperti yang ku bayangkan. Havoc! Hehehe... hari tu balik rumah, bila check lengan, sib baik tak birat tau... kalau tak, dah kena buat laporan... didera dek MrsJ! Hahaha... Ampun ye Meen. No hard feelings. I'm sure, you'll remember me forever now with my stylish introduction! Ahakss...

    MyPus Cake House :
    Sama-sama Zai. Alahai, Zai pun kena tempias gak hari tu ye... sampai demam la hai... shian dia....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ni MrsR mai dah ni..mai bawak sepinggan muffin cekelat...keh keh keh...
    OOOhhhhhhhhhh....syiok banget lah tuuuu pekena si Meen ya Ma... Ni yang takut nak ketemu mama ni. Entah-entah, MrsR ni akan kena lebih dahsaaaaaat lagi apaaa........ Kena buat kajiselidik MamaFaMi ni agar kukenal dia dari ujung uban sampai ujung kaki..kui kui kui.....
    As usual..... Kalau tak kalerpul, bukan MamaPami lah tuuu..he he he...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elaborate sungguh your prank tu... so funny!! Cheq ni memang jenis selalu terkena kalau bab-bab macam ni sebab kapla ada sikit blur and my otak ni lurus bendul... nasib baik MamaFaMi jauh nun sana.....

    ReplyDelete
  14. haha .. ini semua idea mamafami laa ni .... semua orang pakat kenakan Meen.... jangan mare ye Meen ... mamafami kan suka sakat2 sayang gitu ..... hehe ....

    Maaaa... your steam muffin memang sedap bagnettt !!! kami sume memang dah kebulur masa awak datang tu .. ap alagi berebu2 la ngap ..... memang sedap gilerrr. serious .....

    mama ni memang jarang ya amat datang kedai dengan tangan kosong tau ..... thanks so much ....

    Mama Ellie .. hehe

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mamafami, nice post. Love the colourful muffins. I think 5 pieces no problemos with me, ha ha.
    Terima kaseh for the kind birthday wishes. Thats a nice surprise!
    You have a nice day and keep a song in your heart.
    Best regards.
    Lee.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!