HO HO HO......
...sounds familiar? Of course huh.... Well, though I don't celebrate Christmas, but 'Santa' still is going to send me present. But my 'Santa' is not that chubby fella with white beard and striking red outfit. But my 'Santa' is a sweet lady by the name of Hazila...at least that's what she addressed herself in her blog The Small Kitchen. Do visit her blog for yummy delicious looking food spread... I had won the Counter Hit Contest that she had put up in her blog recently. Yes, this is my second time winning such contest after the first one at Kak Ina KL's Blog. I guess my luck is with numbers.... heppp....bukan nombor tikam ke nombor ekor ke aaa.... haram wooo.... Thank you so much Hazila for the fun. I am so happy to receive the prize but the most of all, the excitement of seeing the number 101010 appeared on my screen when I clicked at her website. Just can't believe it, but yes.... I am the lucky one!
That's the happy part of the day. Now let me write about the sad part. Yesterday at 4.50 pm, all the four of us head for KLIA. We wanted to meet Naseem and family who will be flying to Dubai. We were at the airport till it's time for them to check in. Two hours went by so fast that I felt we were only there for 20 minutes. At the gate, we hugged again, a long tight hug as if we don't want to let go of each other. When they had passed the gate, before heading for the escalator, again Naseem came by the side and give me another hug. I tried my very best not to burst into tears. I managed, but with great difficulty. I mustn't lie, but the eyes were blurry. From the escalator, we kept waving at each other. She kept looking back towards us while walking towards the Immigration. Even at the immgration counter, she's still looking towards our direction and waving. I stood there with such a heavy heart until she is totally out of sight...at the same time wondering, will I be seeing them again..... I miss you already mummy.......
Enough said. Just can't stop my tears from falling....
To end with, let me post this lovely PAU recipe that I took from Hazila's Kitchen. She had mentioned in her blog that she got the recipe from Ian-ieza@MyR. The pau is nice and I love it. Thank you Hazila and Ian-ieza for sharing it with us.... Allow me to re-post the recipe here for others to try....
PAU (Ian-ieza@MyR )
100 g lukewarm water
73 g sugar
11 g instant dried yeast
60 g water
306 g superfine flour (I used all-purpose flour)
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/2 teaspoon bread softener
1/2 teaspoon cooking oil
20 g vegetable shortening
1. Mix lukewarm water, sugar and instant dried yeast. Set aside for the yeast to ferment.
2. Pour the water into the Bread Maker pan, followed by the yeast mixture.
3. Top it with flour, bicarbonate of soda, bread softener and cooking oil.
4. Set the BM to 'dough' function. Once the dough is just combined, add in the shortening. Leave the rest to the BM.
5. Once the dough is double the size, punch down to release air. Divide into 30g balls. Let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
6. Flatten the dough and place the filling in the middle. Cover the filling with dough and place it on a piece of grease proof paper.
7. Arrange the dough in the steamer and let it rise to double the size.
8. Steam for 10 minutes.