Kak Fatimah had asked me if I can bake a Date Cake. So I googled and found this recipe at MyResipi. Thank you eumora3179 for sharing this lovely recipe with us....
200g dates - remove the seed
1/2 cup water
*1 teaspoon baking powder
*1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda (sieve together all marked *)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1. Steam the dates with 1/2 cup water till soft. Roughly 10 minutes. Mash it and set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add eggs one at a time and continue beating.
4. Add in vanilla essence.
5. Add in mashed dates. Mix well.
6. Fold in the sifted dry ingredients.
7. Pour into a well greased baking tin or lined with greaseproof paper.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 45 minutes.
In my first trial, I baked one recipe using a 9 x 9 in tin. I find it too shallow. On top of the cake, I sprinkle some sliced almonds.
When baking the second time for Kak Fatimah's order, I made double the recipe. I arranged some dates on top. Baked in the same 9 x 9 in tin for 1 hour. But when the cake cooled down, it dropped slightly in the middle. Not sure why...
Here are the orders from Kak Fatimah. Thanks akak for ordering....
I am taking this opportunity to wish ANGELINE & JIMMY
Courtesy of Dgreetings dot Com
and also REHANA (DOLLY) & EJAAZ
Courtesy of Cardweaver dot Com
To NASEEM AND FAMILY...
Hope you guys had a wonderful holiday in Malaysia. Looking forward to see you guys again here in the near future...