I wanted to update the blog yesterday but was so busy with the laundry. Hadn't been doing my laundry for the past 3 days as I was busy with the cakes. The machine had to do the washing trice yesterday just because the weather was quite sunny. I am so happy to see my empty laundry baskets!
Didn't do much yesterday besides the laundry. Hadn't tried any new recipes as I am feeling rather tired. I think I need to rest to recover from the lack of sleep. Wah...alasan baikkk punya! But today I am planning to bake some cookies, fancy cookies to be precise. I wanted to try decorating them to put in the barakat packets for my abah's hol day ceremony. Time really flies. It's almost a year already, abah left us.... I miss you abah.......
Let's move on to the recipe to share. It'll be this Orange Butter Cake by Amy Heng.
ORANGE BUTTER CAKE
250g caster sugar
100ml fresh orange juice
some orange rind
250g self raising flour
30g ground almond
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1. Sieve together self raising flour, ground almond and baking powder. Set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar till light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time and continue beating till light and creamy.
4. Fold in flour and orange juice alternately until well mixed. Lastly, add in rind.
5. Pour into a 9" greased and lined tin.
6. Bake at 160 C in a preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
Cupcakes ordered by my sister in law a couple of weeks ago...
Till then....take care everyone!