Plan and then pray, that's all that we can do. The rest is in God's hand. Yesterday night, I received a text message from Haslinda, my best friend in Johor. She told me that they will be leaving for Hajj this coming 10th November.
Buat Linda dan Fariz, kami juga mohon maaf andai ada salah dan khilaf kami selama ini. Minta halal segala makan minum selama ni. Kami doakan moga kalian berdua dipermudahkan segala urusan di sana dan moga mendapat Haji yang mabrur..insyaAllah...
Last Tuesday night, I finally tried the Potato Paratha recipe that I came across at Ummi's page. The way she had promoted the recipe, makes me want to really try it out soonest possible. Thanks Ummi for promoting and Newbie123 kat MyR for introducing this recipe to all of us. True as what Ummi had said, the paratha is nice and still soft the next day.
Source : newbie123
Ingredients : (for 6)
1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cups water (I used less)
1 teaspoon salt
1 potato (boiled and mashed)
a bunch of fresh corriander ~ chopped
1 teaspoon cumin seeds
1 teaspoon coriander powder
salt and black pepper to taste
Method for making dough :
1. Mix flour, salt and 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl. Knead to form a soft dough. Divide to 6 balls and leave to rest for about 30 minutes.
Method for filling :
1. In a bowl, mix the mashed potato, chopped fresh coriander, cumin seeds, coriander powder, salt and black pepper. Mix well and divide to 6 equal portions.
Method to prepare parathas :
1. Take a small dough and roll flat.
2. Place one portion of the filling in the middle and cover with the dough. (like how you prepare your Pau). Do the same to all the other 5 doughs.
3. Heat a griddle and add a bit of oil.
4. Roll the prepared dough to the thickness of 1cm or so, and place on the griddle.
5. Fry till golden brown and repeat the same with the other side of the paratha.
6.Ready to serve.
Since there's no leftovers gravy, I 'ransacked' MyResipi for anything easy and fast to prepare. Found this simple yet tasty recipe by Uncle Fatah and decided to give it a try. I made the right choice. Thank you Uncle Fatah and MyResipi....
SARDIN MASAK TUMIS
Source : Uncle Fatah
Ingredients : (for 2)
1 small canned sardine in tomato sauce
a bit of tamarid paste
1 onion ~ minced
2 garlic ~ minced
1 stalk curry leaves
salt to taste
1. Heat a bit of oil in a pot. Add in chillie paste, onion and garlic.
2. Add in the curry leaves. Fry till fragrant.
3. Add in the sardine sauce and tamarind paste. Stir.
4. Lastly add in the sardines and salt if needed.
Have a great and safe weekend everyone....