Anybody wondered, what time mama logged off yesterday? Hahaha... as if people cares huh. Anyway, I did behave a bit yesterday. I logged off at 11.20 pm... just 20 minutes after the curfew time that I had imposed on myself, not so willingly though... Mmm what do you expect, I can't just change into a new leaf instantly! It'll takes time... hahaha... yooo la tuh!
Anyway, let's move on to the recipe section. Actually I have a few other recipes that had been in line awating to be posted, but I have to jump the queue and post this one first. The bun is not only soft but tasty as well. And above all, I had such a pleasant time preparing it. I just can't wait to share the
Source : Ayin
250g high protein flour (I used allpurpose flour)
1/2 teaspoon instant dried yeast
1/2 teaspoon bread improver
20g milk powder
100 ml fresh milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
75g water roux
1 recipe Naisu
Method : (Breadmaker method)
1. Pour fresh milk into the breadmaker pan. Add in salt, sugar, egg and water roux.
2. Top it with sifted flour, milk powder, dry yeast and bread improver.
3. Set the Breadmaker to Dough function.
4. Once the dough is just combined, add in butter and leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. This process will take about 1 1/2 hour including prooving.
5. Remove dough from BM and punch down to release the air. Cut the dough 60g portion each. (next time round, I am going to cut the dough into 35g portions to get a cuter sized Naisu Buns). Make into round balls and leave to rest for 15 minutes.
6. Flatten the balls and spread the Naisu on top. Roll the dough. Fold in half and cut in the middle. Open it to form a flower shape and place in a muffin cup lined with papercups.
7. Leave to proof till double the size.
8. Spirinkle with a bit of water just before putting the buns into the preheated oven at 180 C. Bake for 20 minutes or till golden brown.
9. Brush with a bit of butter, once out of the oven.
Note : For the manual version, please refer to Ayin's Naisu Bun entry.
Imagine having this soft bread with a cup of coffee.....heaven....!!