In order not to disappoint her, I tried again preparing this recipe, coached by the lady who loves roasting this chicken, using her adjusted recipe. Non other than Sifoo Ana. Thanks Ana and sorry for all the hassle you have to go through until the chicken is ready! Haha... what are friends for huh... And I did a slight adjustment to her adjusted recipe as well, to suit whatever's available in my refrigerator. Not forgetting, thank you to Syahmi for helping mama to buy the lemons from the nearby shop....
Ellie dearie...hope you're happy now, though the chicken is slightly bitter at the skin part (must find out, what caused that to happen) and good luck dear for your SPM. Being a bright student, I know you'll pass with flying colors. Once done with SPM, you can work at mummy's shop, earn some money and belanja aunty Kenny Rogers okay.... hahaha....
GRILLED LEMON-ROSEMARY CHICKEN
Source : The Naked Chef (Jamie Oliver)
Adjusted by : Jeni, Ana, MamaFaMi
1 kg chicken
5 cloves garlic
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 tablespoons, fresh rosemary, minced
1 tablespoon black pepper ~ crushed
2 potatoes, cleaned and quartered
1 onion ~ quartered
1 carrot ~ cut to small pieces
1 tablespoon chillie paste
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons sweet soya sauce
Sea salt and sugar to taste
1. Wash the chicken and set aside.
2. Boil whole lemon, potato and garlic for 8 minutes or so. Remove from water.
3.. Mince garlic, rosemary and sea salt.
4.. Mix the minced ingredients with olive oil, crushed black pepper, oyster sauce, sweet soya sauce and sugar.
5. Coat the chicken with the prepared mixture. Leave a bit of mixture to coat the onion, potato and carrots.
6. Prick the lemon with a fork or knive to release the juice. Place the lemon inside the chicken.
7. Cover the oven proof caserolle with foil and keep in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour. For best result, keep it for 4 hours.
8. Mix the onion, potato and carrot with the prepared mixture and cover with foil. Keep aside.
9. I used the microwave oven to roast the chicken. After 30 minutes, turn the chicken and roast for another 20 minutes. Then arrange the onion, carrots and potatoes. Continue roasting for another 10 minutes.
10. Ready to serve. Best eaten with salad and mashed potato.