MAK TEH said...
hmmm...hari ni masuk x hepi la,senyap sunyi je..esok pulak ya?
My answer : Aduhai Mak Teh, once in a while, biarlah senyap sunyi sket... ni asyik pot pet pot pet je pun, nanti orang fening kefala membaca! Hahaha...
This morning, I was out of the house quite early. It's because I have something to settle with the MPSJ. Kak Ana has been kind enough to accompany me. Went to the not so friendly counter and settled whatever I have to settle, as fast as 15 minutes! What a relief! From there, Kak Ana asked if we could go to Mydin. So off to Mydin we went. We actually took our own sweet time there and we shop at ease since there were not many people in the store. Surprised? You should be, huh... Mydin is always crowded UNLESS WE GO THERE WHEN THEY ARE JUST OPENED FOR BUSINESS which was what we actually did just now! Hahaha... that explains, right! Hahaha...
Back from Mydin, I straight away transformed the Ikan Tenggiri that I just bought, into this....
Was so happy to see how Syahmi enjoyed his lunch and dinner... MasyaAllah...
Enough said for now, let me just post a cake recipe that I had recently tested in my kitchen. Got it from Dari Dapur CT . According to her, this recipe came from Chef Noraini Zakaria . Thank you to both ladies for sharing and promoting this recipe. I made this cake for to bring to my brother's house in Bangi.
RAINBOW BUTTER CAKE (Chef Noraini)
Source : Chef Noraini Zakaria
250 g butter
220 g castor sugar
220 g cake flour (I used multi purpose flour)
4 eggs (grade A)
1 teaspoon baking powder
50 ml evaporated milk (I used fresh milk)
1 teaspoon rose essence
Food coloring : Red, Yellow, Green
1 teaspoon cocoa powder
1. Line the baking tin with greaseproof paper.
2. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time, rose essence and continue beating.
4. Sift flour and baking powder together. Add into the butter mixture alternately with the milk, ending with flour.
5. Divide mixture into 4 portions. Add the colors and cocoa into each portions.
6. Scoop 2 tablespoons of yellow color onto the center of the baking tin.
7. Top it with 2 tablespoons of pink color onto the center of the yellow batter.
8. Do the same with the green and brown color and repeat the process till all the batter are used.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 45 to 50 minutes.
Step by step photo, of how to prepare the rainbow layer can be viewed here
Till then, take care.