Salaam and a very good morning to all of you lovely people out there....
It's been a while since I last updated my page. I was busy making Eid cookies to fulfill the little order that I got. Among the cookies that I've made are Crunchy Chocolate Chips Cookies, Denmark Cookies, Biskut Kerang, Cornflakes cookies and Biskut Tapak Kuda which I had to improvised the shape slightly as I can't find my U cutter that time. So for this year, the Tapak Kuda (Horse Shoe) cookies will be known as O cookies! Hahaha.....I am almost through with the orders, so now I can start thinking of baking for the family. There'll be 4 bottles each as there are 4 houses that I need to pass to. Maybe not the whole set, or maybe yes..... we'll see....
Speaking of cookies, as promised in my previous entry, I will now announce the creator of my cookie's name, CHOCOLICIOUS, hence the winner of the small fun game that I had organised. Thank you to all that had participated in the naming and also the poll. The winner is.....*drum roll*....
I will now post the recipe of the said cookies. And as usual, when it comes from MamaFaMi, this verse applies.... try at your own risk! Hahahaha....
For the recipe.......
110g castor sugar
1 egg yolk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
Enough hazelnuts, roasted
Note : Amount of flour may differ
1. Cream margarine and castor sugar.
2. Add in egg yolk and vanilla essence.
3. Sift flour, cornflour and baking powder. Add into the cream mixture a little at a time until a soft dough is formed.
4. Take a bit of dough and place a hazelnut in the middle then cover with dough.
5. Roll the dough in the almond nibs and arrange on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 20 to 25 minutes. Leave to cool.
7. Melt enough cooking chocolate and coat the cookies.
8. Place in a papercups and sprinkle with a bit of almond nibs.