I am sure all of you have heard this saying... WINNING IS NOT EVERYTHING.... To me, it means something... Winning gives me satisfaction....do I sound so selfish? Well, that's the truth. But if I were to win, I want to win it fair and square. No cheatings...boleh percaya ke? Hihihi...
Argued with a good friend of mine about the color of this fine granulated sugar from Giant...haha ...mama dengan kawan dia dah tak de kerja lainlah tu... pasal peket gula pun nak bertekak! Muahaha... tak de la, saja mengisi masa lapang....tak gitu, my fren?..... Both of us just can't agree with the colors. I had my own explanation and she had hers. To end this 'arguement'. I've created a poll on the right top corner of this blog. So to all, if it's not that much to ask, I hope you'll take a few seconds of your precious time to cast a vote. Not that there'll be a winner or what, just plain satisfaction to both of us. The poll will be up till this Thursday, approximately a week.
To those who cast a vote (or more) : WE THANK YOU VERY MUCH..
To my opponent, you know who you are.... (muahaha...macam buat pilihanraya pulak!) : ALL THE BEST!
Came across this cake when I accidently landed in this lovely blog called goodtoknow . Fell in love with the look of their Chocolate and Orange Marble Cake and decided to give it a try except, I didn't do the icing which makes my cake looks less scrumptious. But all the same, it's nice.... My thanks to GoodToKnow for sharing this recipe with us.... Allow me to copy and paste the recipe here so that many others can give it a try... thanks...
For the recipe......
CHOCOLATE n ORANGE MARBLE CAKE
Prep and cooking time: 1 hour 20 mins
175g (6oz) caster sugar
175g (6oz) unsalted butter, softened
175g (6oz) self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
3 large eggs, beaten
1tbsp fresh orange juice
2tsp finely grated orange rind
1tbsp cocoa powder blended with 2tbsp hot water
For the icing :
100g (4oz) plain chocolate
15g (½ oz) butter
1tbsp golden syrup
Strips of orange rind, for decoration
1. Put the sugar, butter, flour, baking powder and eggs in a bowl. Beat with an electric whisk for 3 to 4 mins until pale and creamy.
2. Transfer half the mixture into a second bowl. Into this mixture, fold the orange juice and rind. Fold the cocoa into the first bowl.
3. Spoon the two mixtures randomly into a greased, lined 18 x 25cm (7 x 10in) cake tin. Draw a knife through the mixture to create the marble effect.
4. Bake at 180°C (350°F, gas mark 4) for 35 to 40 mins until firm. Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin for 5 mins, then turn out and cool completely on a wire rack.
5. For the icing, place the chocolate, butter and syrup in a bowl over a pan of simmering water and leave until melted. Remove from the heat, stir until smooth and leave to thicken.
6. Spread over the cake. Cut into 8 slices and decorate with orange rind.
Have a nice and safe weekend everyone! Keep well.