Mood : Haywire and sleepy!
Everything is created in pairs. So the other half of my previous entry should be the garlic bread. I made some French Baguette that was then transformed into garlic bread to go along with the delicious Mushroom Soup. Got the recipe from my reliable bread book, Home Bread by Chef Khoo See Yew. Thank you...
*250g high protein flour
*50g plain flour
2.5g bread improver
(* I used multipurpose flour)
200g cold water
4g instant yeast
Method (using Bread Maker):
1. Sift ingredients A.
2. In the bread maker pan, pour the cold water and add salt.
3. Add ingredients A, salt and instant yeast.
4. Set to the QUICK DOUGH programme and let the BM does it's job. Repeat the process for at least 3 times, which should take about 15 to 18 minutes, until a soft and smooth dough is formed. Let it rest for 25 minutes.
5. Divide the dough into 3 portions. Mould them into balls and let them rest for another 10 minutes.
6. Shape into long strips and arrange on the baking tray.
7. Prove till double in size.
8. Slash the top with a sharp knife. Pipe butter on top.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 20 to 25 minutes.
To make into Garlic Bread, my stlye :
1. Mix well minced garlic with butter and mixed herbs (actually you use Parsley, but since it's not available in my stock, I just use the mixed herbs).
2. Slice the French Baguette into diagonal slices.
3. Spread garlic butter filling onto slices.
4. Cover with aluminium foil and heat for 15 minutes.
Have a nice weekend everyone. Stay safe!
A KEEPER (1) Advertisement (5) announcement (3) Apam (18) Arabic (1) Articles (3) Awards (24) Beef (5) Bread (115) Brownies (14) Cakes (105) Charity (6) Chicken (17) Chiffon (12) Contest (5) Cookies (58) Crafts (1) Cuppies Design (55) Dedication (56) Dessert (1) Donut (5) Drinks (10) Equipments (6) Fish (5) Fondant (1) Gifts (1) Health (1) HELP (1) Information (4) Ingredients (6) Islam (3) Jalan-jalan Cari Makan (2) Korea (1) Kuih-muih (88) Lauk-pauk (107) MANUALS (2) Muffins (37) MY BOOK (3) Orders (3) Pasta (10) Pies n Pastry (22) Pies/Pastry/Puffs (4) Porridge (1) Pudding (8) Ramblings (19) Rice n Noodles (48) Seafood (7) Snacks (35) Soup (2) Steamed (1) Step-by-Step (9) Stories (14) Tag (9) Trips (3) Vegetables (7) Video (3) Western (9)