Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Black pepper chicken

So many things had happened since the last time I updated this page. Chea chea chea...baik punya excuse kan! Hehehe.... Fatin was home for a 5 days homevisit since last Wednesday. When we went to pick her up, I brought these cupcakes for Fatin's best friend Farahin, for her birthday. Hope she likes it.


On Thursday, I took the kids to the cinema, just for a treat... on me! And that Thursday, I considered to be my best achievement day! Hahaha... poyo betul mama ni!

First achievement : I learnt how to go into the Golden Screen Cinema website . I was pretty excited then.
Second achievement : I drove to IOI Mall just with the kids. That was my first time driving to IOI Mall.
Third achievement : Managed to park the car at IOI Mall car park by reverse parking....Syahmi is my guide actually.. hahaha.. no tips though! Ahakss...
Fourth achievement : Clever to purchase the show tickets at the cinema
Fifth achievement : Dare to wade through the traffic jam at Puchong area.
Sixth and biggest achievement : Managed to drive home safely without taking any wrong turns! Hahaha....

Well to some, the above can't be considered as ACHIEVEMENTS but to me, they were. At least I am a step better than I was before. Bravo to me! Hahaha.....Fatin wanted to watch Harry Potter but when we reached there, it was 3.20 pm and the show had already started 20 minutes. So we had to settle for Transformers which was much enjoyed by the kids and me.

On Friday, I made these cupcakes for Ayu 's cute baby Amjad's birthday. Happy birthday big boy!


Saturday was not my day at all. I was down with headache. My blood pressure was haywire. The systolic reading was quite high while the diastolic was slightly low. It really makes me feel wobbly. That night, Fatin wanted to dine out at Chops N Steak in Puchong. I don't have the heart to say no to her though the head is throbbing. I just ate mushroom soup and a bit of french fries and a bit of onion rings. But we made the right choice to go there that night as they will be closing that outlet the next day. We like the food there and the price are very reasonable. I wish them all the best in their other outlets. Keep up the tasty quality!

Sunday, we sent Fatin back to her hostel. Stopped at the T.A.I.L.O.R shop, then went straight home. What happened at the T.A.I.L.O.R shop? InsyaAllah will write later on.... hahaha....

So that's about all, and till today, I am still trying to stabilize my blood pressure reading....
Note : Finished my Himalaya detox treatment 19th July, 2009

Recipe to share today is a recipe from one of Kak Liza's book. Don't worry, I had seek Kak Liza's permission to publish the recipe here. Though I don't really have to buy books as I can always surf her blog, but I prefer to get the whole set. Why? We can't surf the net while lying down on our bed right? And I like to flip thorough books and magazines before going to bed. And what's more, we must support Kak Liza's effort.

BELILAH BUKU-BUKU KELUARAN HANIELIZA
.....wah...dah jadi promoter tak bertauliah la pulak haaa......

Ok ok..here's the yummy recipe and very easy to prepare...do give it a try...


BLACK PEPPER CHICKEN
Source : Senangnya Memasak with Chef Hanieliza

Ingredients A :

500g chicken
1 carrot ~ cut to small pieces
1 tablespoon thick soya sauce
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1 tablespoon cornflour/maziena mixed with 1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons blackpepper ~ crushed
3 tablespoon cooking oil
salt to taste

Ingredients B ~ to be sliced :

5 shallots
2 garlic
1 inch ginger
1 onion

Ingredients C :

2 sprigs spring onions
2 sprigs Chinese Celery
1 tomato ~ quartered
2 fresh red chillies


Method :

1. Remove the chicken skin, washed, rinse and cut to small pieces.
2. Heat oil in a wok and add in ingredients B. Saute till soft and fragrant.
3. Add in chicken and blackpepper. Stir. Leave chicken to cook.
4. Add in cornflour mixture, dark soya sauce and oyster sauce.
5. Leave to cook till the gravy thickens. Add in ingredients C and stir to mix.
6. Serve with rice or bread.

For the translation, please buy Kak Liza's book.... hehehe....

Till then, take care everyone!

13 comments:

  1. Amboi mama cepatnya update...akak baru dok cilok resepi tart....masih dalam oven lagi ...tengok tengok dah ada resepi baru. Tu dalam duk pening pening tu...anyway take care of yourself ye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam..
    Terimakasih atas promosi yg baik punya ni..
    nanti jangan lupa beli lagi siri masakan yang lain2 tu yer...

    ReplyDelete
  3. salam... I sukalah blog you ni... ader update je, I mesti dtg jengok.. ader award bagi you kat blog I ya.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Salam Mama,
    You mmglah rajin....buat i malu, tiup semangat sket kesini...hehehe!

    Yati-KGdale, Illinois

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salam...nice blog...good receipe..salam kunjung ke idyavie.blogspot.com & register as my follower TQ

    ReplyDelete
  6. amboi~

    hebatnye dh sampai ke IOI..hehe

    btw, Ija dh update ttg tauhu mak tu..silalah tgk..

    biler lg nk buat?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your blood pressure is now under control.

    ReplyDelete
  8. ma, tak habis lagi cerita tailor dgn seluar mahal tu ye? hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mam simple tapi sgt2 colourfull i like

    ReplyDelete
  10. bravo..I raised my hat to you.I dare not drive.that tailor deserved a big punch on the tummy..org jenis apa nioh.those jap food,sayangnya nak makan,sooo...cute.cepat kembali sihat ya.

    ReplyDelete
  11. noor :
    Hehehe..bila laju, laju kak, bila slow, kereta lembu pun boleh overtake kita! Hihihi.....

    hanieliza's cooking :
    Waalaikumussalam Kak Liza.... ala biasalah kak, tolong menolong sesama rakan dan taulan... hehehe.... janji dapat pahala, dahlah....

    Cynthia :
    Hi Cynthia....terima kasih ye sudi ke blog mama dan sudi bagi mama award

    yatiharvey :
    Waalaikumussalam Yati... Mama ni rajin bermusim tau... malas pun bermusim gak... tapi selalunya musim malas tu panjang sket dari musim rajin! Hihihi....

    idyavie :
    Waalaikumusalam. Thanks for visiting.

    feezo o(*.*)o :
    See the leg aa! Tak tahulah bila acik nak buat. Mak Ijah buat dah banyak kali. Acik beli tauhu, dah masak lain dah, resepi Mak Ijah, lom gak cuba. Malas nak buat kuah dia tu!

    Cynthia :
    Thanks Cynthia. I SURE HOPE SO!

    kucingorengemok :
    Tak habis lagi weiiii.... tak tahulah sampai bila nak selesainya....

    QueenJah :
    Orait...I follow.....

    ~~ciklinn~~ :
    Tq tq tq....

    the guy in the silk taffeta dress :
    Thanks for your kind words

    MAK TEH :
    Driving : Practise makes perfect and KETERPAKSAAN makes it even better! Hahaha...
    Tailor : Tak pasal karang, kitorang lak kena tangkap dek polis...hassling!
    Food : Thanks sis.
    Your Doa : Amin amin ya rabbal alamin....

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!