Let's just talk a bit about Akim, since I've brought that topic up on my previous entry. Frankly speaking, I think he performed very well that night and he deserves better. Maybe his rezeki is just at the 3rd place in the competition. Hopefully what's waiting him in the real world will be more deserving. So, all the best Akim in your future....
The above was written a good 4 days back. I just wasn't in the mood to finish writing. Anyway, things are much better now since all the three experiments I did recently wasn't a failure anymore. Yes, THREE. So you can expect at least another three new recipes from me... watch this page! Hahaha...
Let me just post the latest experiment first. I am pretty excited about it. It had been quite a while since I last bake good breads. So I am just so looking forward to it after watching/reading Rinn baking one bread after another....mana tahan kena godak macam tuuu!!! I chose Rinn's Custard Cheese Bun, to break the ice... Thanks Rinn for sharing this lovely recipe with all of us.... For a lovelier looking buns, please feel free to visit Rinn's Fotopages
CUSTARD CHEESE BUN
Source : Chef Khoo See Yew (Home Bread)
Ingredients A :
230g High Protein Flour (bread flour)
1 1/2 teaspoons Mauripan instant yeast
170g chilled water
1/8 teaspoon bread improver
Ingredients B :
60g castor sugar
1/4 teaspoon fine salt
25g chilled water
1 teaspoon Mauripan instant yeast
Ingredients C :
100g High Protein Flour (bread flour)
Custard Filling :
15g custard powder
25g fresh milk
225g fresh milk
1. Mix sugar, custard powder and 25g fresh milk in a bowl.
2. Bring to boil 225g fresh milk. Then add in the above mixture. Stir till thick on low heat.
3. Set aside to cool.
1. Mix all the ingredients in A till well incorporated. Rest it for 1 to 1 1/2 hour.
2. Add ingredients B into A. Knead till a smooth and soft dough is formed. Add in C and continue kneading till the dough is soft and elastic. Rest the dough for 15 minutes.
3. Make into small balls weighing 60g each and rest for another 10 minutes.
4. Roll the dough into oval shape. Leave to rise till double the size.
5. Pipe the custard onto the oval dough. Sprinkle with a bit of castor sugar and cheese.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 C for 20 minutes or until buns are golden brown.
BAN KASTAD KEJU
Sumber : Chef Khoo See Yew (Home Bread)
Bahan A :
230gm tepung roti (Tepung berprotein tinggi)
1/2 packet yis segera mauripan
170gm air sejuk
1/8 tsp bread improver
Bahan B :
1/2 biji telur
60gm gula castor
1/4 tsp garam halus
25gm air sejuk
1 tsp yis segera mauripan
Bahan C :
100gm tepung protein tinggi
* Custard filling, gula dan cheese slice secukupnya untuk topping.
1. Adun Bahan A hingga rata dan perap selama 1 jam ke 1 1/2 jam.
2. Campurkan Bahan B ke Bahan A dan uli sehingga menghasilkan doh yang lembut. Masukkan Bahan C dan terus uli untuk menghasillkan doh yang lembut dan elastik. Rehatkan selama 15 min.
3. Bulat2kan doh seberat 60gm setiap satu dan rehatkan lagi 10min.
4. Leperkan doh berbentuk bujur. Biarkan ia naik 2 kali ganda.
5. Paipkan custard filling, tabur sedikit gula dan cheese di atas doh.
6. Bakar pada suhu 190 darj cel selama 15min atau sehingga bun keperangan.