For the skin
250g sweet potato ~ boiled and mashed
3 1/2 tablespoons flour
200g medium prawns ~ do not peel the skin
a bit of salt
3 cups cooking oil
For the filling
1/2 coconut ~ scraped
100g dried shrimps ~ soak for a while and pound
* 5 shallots
* 7 fresh red chillies
* 1 lemon grass
* 1 teaspoon tumeric powder
* 1 cm fresh ginger
* salt zeal (ajinomoto)
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1. For the skin :
- Mix the mashed potato with flour and salt till a soft dough is formed.
2. For the filling :
- Pound all the (*) ingredients.
- Heat 2 tablespoons cooking oil and add in the pounded ingredients and also the pounded dried shrimps. Fry till fragrant.
- Add in the coconut and mix well. Once cooked, remove from heat and let it cool.
3. Take a bit of dough, about the size of a tabletennis ball, flatten it and put the filling in the middle. Cover the filling and press one prawns on top of the dough.
4. Heat oil and fry till golden brown.
Note : I didn't put any fresh prawns in the middle because there's no medium prawns available in my freezer. It doesn't change the taste though, just for presentation, I guess.