ORANGE SWISS ROLL
3 nos eggs
2 oz castor sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon orange emulco
1/2 teaspoon Sunquick orange
1/2 tablespoon ovallette
1.5 oz flour
1/2 tablespoon milk powder
a few drops of orange coloring
2 oz butter ~ melted
a few drops of red food coloring
a few drops of brown coloring
1. Place ingredients A in a mixing bowl. Beat on high speed for 5 to 7 minutes.
2. Set aside 2 tablespoon of the batter and put into 3 piping bags with a few drops of orange, brown and red food coloring. Mix well.
3. Spread the batter onto the tray layered with greaseproof paper.
4. Pipe lines using the darker colored batter onto the light orange batter.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 20 minutes.
6. Once baked, remove the cake from the tray onto a wire rack. Let it cool.
7. Turn the cake onto another piece of paper and spread the buttercream.
8. Slowly and carefully, roll the cake. Wrap in a clingfilm and keep in the refrigerator for the buttercream to set before slicing it.