ASAM PEDAS AYAM
2 chicken breast ~ cut to 2 pieces each
a bit of ginger
10 dried chillies ~ cut to an inch long and soak
1 teaspoon shrimp paste
1 teaspoon kerisik
1/2 chicken cube
enough tamarind juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
salt to taste
zeal ~ optional
tomato ~ quartered
oil for cooking
1. Clean the 4 pieces chicken with lemon juice, rinse and set aside.
2. Place onion, garlic, ginger, soaked chillie, shrimp paste, kerisik and a bit of water in a blender and blend to form paste.
3. Heat oil in a pot and add in the blended paste.
4. Add in tumeric powder and fry till fragrant.
5. Pour in the tamarind juice and stir well. Add in the chicken cube.
6. Add in more water if necessary. Let it boil.
7. Put in the chicken.
8. Add in salt and zeal and let the chicken cooked.
9. Add in tomato and let it simmer for a while.