7 oz butter
6 oz castor sugar
12 oz flour
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
a bit of cocoa powder (for color)
red food coloring
green food coloring
1. Cream butter and sugar. Add in egg yolk.
2. Add in vanilla essence.
3. Add in sifted flour and baking powder to form a soft dough.
4. Divide to 4 portions. Add the colors and leave one portion plain.
5. Place two colored dough together into the mould. Press and cut.
6. Arrange on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and bake till golden brown.