300 g palm sugar
350 ml water
200 g white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
To be sifted :
350 g flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
50 g butter ~ melted
8 - 9 bananas ~ sliced to small pieces
1. Make syrup from the palm sugar and water till sugar dissolved. Put through a strainer and leave to cool.
2. Beat eggs, vanilla essence and white sugar till fluffy (I used the mixer!).
3. Gradually add in flour, a little at a time. Use a spatula to fold in the flour.
4. Pour in the melted butter and the cooled syrup. Mix well.
5. Grease the moulds with a bit of butter.
6. Pour the mixture into the prepared mould, just half-full.
7. Gently place a piece of banana on top.
8. Steam for about 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Allow to cool before removing from the moulds.