Source : Che Mat Gebu
400 g bread flour (high-protein flour)
100 g cake flour
100 g sugar
5 g salt
20 g milk powder
1/4 teaspoon bread improver
1 egg (grade B) ~ lightly beaten
11 g instant dried yeast
40 g shortening
250 g water (lukewarm)
Filling of your choice
1. Sift bread flour, cake flour, salt, milk powder and bread improver into a mixing bowl. Add in yeast, sugar and eggs. On the mixer.
2. Pour in lukewarm water a little at a time until just mixed.
3. Add in the shortening and continue kneading till a soft and smooth dough is formed. Add more water if needed.
4. Make into one round ball and leave to prove till double the size.
5. Punch down the dough to release air and make into small balls. Let it rest for 10 minutes.
6. Flatten the dough and place the filling in the middle. Cover the filling with dough.
7. Arrange on a lightly floured baking tray. Leave to prove till double the size.
8. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 20 - 30 minutes. 9. Once out of the oven, brush the buns with margarine.