4 egg yolks
115 ml water
85 ml vegetable oil
1/4 tsp salt
100 g sugar
150 g flour
1 teaspoon baking powder* I added a bit of Blueberry Emulco
(B)4 egg whites
90 g sugar1/8 teaspoon cream of Tartar
1. Pour egg yolks, sugar and vegetable oil into the mixing bowl.
2. Add the remaining ingredients in (A) into the bowl.
3. Mix (A) evenly till smooth. Set aside.
4. Whisk the egg whites in (B) till soft peaks appear. Add sugar and cream of tartar and continue to whip till stiff.
5. Mix (A) and (B) till well combined. Bake at 175 C for 40 minutes. Immediately invert it after removal from oven. Leave to cool. When cake is cold, remove from mould.
* Recipe, courtesy of Chef Alex Goh