1 teaspoon ovalette
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence (I put 1 teaspoon)
300 g flour
300 g castor sugar
250 ml coconut milk (I use fresh milk)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
a pinch of salt
coloring of your choice
1. Prepare the steamer. To avoid water from dripping onto the cake, wrap the cover with a piece of clean towel.
2. Prepare the tin. Just layer it with greaseproof paper. Doesn't need to be greased.
3. Sift flour and baking powder. Set aside.
4. Mix salt and coconut milk. Stir till well dissolved.
5. In a mixer, place the eggs and ovalette. Beat on high speed till light and fluffy.
6. Pour in sugar, little at a time. Then vanilla essence.
7. Lower the mixer speed. Add flour bit by bit alternate with coconut milk. Cut and fold till well mixed.
8. Divide into 3 equal parts. And add a few drops of different coloring into each part and mix well. 9. Pour the first color into the tray and level it. Steam for about 10 minutes or until the top is no longer sticky.
10. Pour the second color and repeat the same procedure as # 9.
11. When the second layer is done, pour the final layer and steam for 25 -30 minutes on medium heat.
* Thank you Blackmore of Forum Cari for this lovely recipe!