Posted by MamaFaMi
125ml chilled water
65g castor sugar
250g high protein flour
25g milk powder
5g edible charcoal powder (from Bagus Bakery Supplies)
6g instant dried yeast (I used Saf Instan)
40g margarine (I used Planta margarine)
Breadmaker Method :
1. Pour water and sugar into the bread maker pan. Top it with flour, milk powder, charcoal powder and yeast.
2. Set the breadmaker to Dough function.
3. Once the dough is just combined, add in margarine. Leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. I just leave the dough for about 1 hour in the bread maker and it's ready to be shaped.
4. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions. Form each dough into a ball and rest for 10 minutes.
5. Flatten the dough slightly and place arrange on a baking tray.
6. Cover the buns and let it rise until double in size (it takes another 30 minutes, depends on the weather). Brush the buns with some milk mixture.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 20 - 25 minutes or till done.
8. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
Have a nice day!