Yesterday, I had to hear to my daughter's nagging for a number of reasons.
1. Ma, why don't you rest? Why are you still in the kitchen? You are making me tired just by looking at you working non-stop.
2. Ma, why are you continuously experimenting new recipes? And why do they have to be so yummy?
3. Ma, why are you stuffing me with food? I think I am going to be fat if I stay longer in this house. THIS IS TORTURE!
4. Ma.... eat now and stop playing with your phone! (this was when her patience is running thin, waiting for me to eat and mama was busy trying to update her Instagram! Hahaha)
That was what I had to hear yesterday. And what did I do....continue baking and cooking! Hahaha...
Since her toothache is healing well after the minor surgery she had last Tuesday, I had prepared soft diet for her. Yesterday, I made these baguettes for her (Miss Bready). Made these baguettes into garlic bread to be enjoyed with homemade mushroom soup. Recipe to follow later on. I was in the kitchen doing the dishes when she had her dinner with her dad. And I could hear the umppssss and ahhhsss from the dining. And finally, she said... ma, it's delicious. Thank you!
The pleasure is mine dear.....
HOMEMADE FRENCH BAGUETTES
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Kelsey Nixon at Food Network dot Com
3/4 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon honey
1 teaspoon salt
5g instant dried yeast (I used Saf Instant)
2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
1 teaspoon margarine (I added)
Breadmaker (BM) method :
1. Pour lukewarm water into the BM pan. Add honey and salt. Sprinkle the instant dried yeast on top.
2. Add flour. Place the BM pan into the breadmaker. Set to dough setting and turn on the BM.
3. Once the dough is just incorporated, add in margarine. Continue kneading and check the dough. If it is sticky, then add enough flour till you get a soft and smooth dough.
4. After the BM has finished doing it's job, which will roughly takes about 1 1/2 hour (kneading and proving), remove the dough from the BM onto a floured surface.
5. Divide the dough into two portions. Let them rest for 10 minutes.
6. Shape into 2 baguettes. Place on a baking tray. Cover with damp clean cloth and allow the dough to double in size.
7. Make deep diagonal slits 1/2 inch deep on top of the baguettes.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 c for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Have a nice day!