My dear hubby can be funny at times. Yesterday, when he came back from the office, he said to me, "YOUR COUNTRY IS HOT". I was like... huh? And I asked him, who said that to you. He looked at me and said, "I am saying it to you". Hahahaha.... I asked him back," So my country is not the same as your country? Where do you come from? Malawi? Sri Lanka? Bangladesh?" He just laughed! And why is Bangladesh mentioned here? Because I remembered a friend of mine, the wife of hubby's friend once called Mr Hubby, Shah Rukh Khan! Hahahahaha... what a joke!
But these few days it's been really hot. With me fasting, making it more challenging. But this morning, this mad lady did gardening after hanging out the clothes to dry. Once done, she was sweating all over. Can't rush for the aircond in the room as she had to go file-hunting, instructed by the Big Boss aka Mr Hubby. It wasn't easy to find something that is not under your control. But alhamdulillah at last I managed to find it. And guess what, it all ended up with two nicely arranged cupboards.
SOFT MARBLE CAKE
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Puan Zaharah
8oz butter (i used Planta Margarine)
4 tablespoons condensed milk (I used SAJI brand)
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
6 eggs (separate the egg whites and yolks)
5oz castor sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
1. Cream butter, condensed milk and vanilla essence. Set aside.
2. Beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Lower the mixer's speed and add sugar a little at a time till finish.
3. Add egg yolk one at a time. Continue beating.
4. Add in the butter mixture into the egg mixture. Mix well.
5. Cut and fold flour into the batter. Divide the batter into two portions. Add cocoa powder into one portion and leave the other as it is.
6. Line the base of the baking tin with a greaseproof paper. Grease with a bit of margarine on the base as well as the sides.
7. Spoon 2 tablespoons of plain mixture onto the centre of the tin. Top it with 2 tablespoons of cocoa mixture. Repeat this about 4 times. Then spoon only 1 tablespoon of each mixture till done.
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 40 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the tin from the oven. Let it cool for 5 minutes before removing the cake to cool on a wire rack.
Have a nice day!