VANILLA BUTTER CAKE
Posted by MamaFaMi
250g butter, soften
230g castor sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
450g self raising flour
250ml fresh milk (I used Dutch Lady Full Cream Milk)
1. Preheat oven at 180 C. Bursh a deep 20cm round cake tin with melted butter or oil, line base and side with paper, grease paper. (I used foil, so no greasing is necessary)
2. Using electric beaters, beat butter and sugar in a mixing bowl until light and creamy.
3. Add eggs gradually, beating mixture thoroughly after each addition. Add essence and beat until combined.
4. Using a metal spoon, fold in sifted flours* alternately with milk. Stir until ingredients are just combined and the mixture is almost smooth.
5. Pour mixture into the prepared tin, smooth surface. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.
6. Bake for 45 minutes or until skewer comes out clean when inserted in center of cake.
7. Leave in tin for 10 minutes before turning onto wire rack to cool.
Note : If you wish to make a marble top cake, just reserve 4 tablespoons of the batter and a add a tablespoon of cocoa powder. Mix well. Spoon a few dollops of cocoa batter onto the vanilla batter and 'scribble' using a skewer.
Have a nice day!