Yes... again and again and again will I keep using this particular recipe. Not only the taste is lovely, but easy to prepare and not to mention, using just the basic ingredients. Nothing fancy. And when something is simple, Mamafami will love it!
Baked these buns to bring along with us on our trip. Where to? Well, lets just wait and see... Hahaha...
And again, I tried my best to capture a presentable looking photo. Like if I keep practising, the photos will turn into something awesome! Hahaha... In my dreams perhaps! Anyway, proudly presenting my latest 'assignment'. Guess what... when I showed off these photos to a few friends, their response to it was.... NICE PLATE! Huwaaaaaaaaaa....
SOFT PLAIN BUNS
Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : HERE
500g high protein flour
50g milk powder
250ml chilled water
11g instant dried yeast (I used Saf Instant)
150g castor sugar
a few drops of yellow food coloring
100g margarine (I used Planta margarine)
1. Gease all the baking tins thoroughly. I used vegetable shortening. Keep aside.
2. Place all ingredients except margarine in a mixing bowl.
3. Fasten the dough hook onto the mixer and start kneading.
4. Once the ingrediets have just combined, add in the margarine. Knead till a soft, elastic and shiny dough is formed.
5. Remove from the bowl and rest the dough for about 10 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into a 30g balls. Shape it nicely and arrange in the prepared tins.
7. Cover the tins and leave the dough to rise till almost double the size.
8. Mix a bit of milk powder with a bit of water and brush lightly on top of the dough.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 15 to 20 minutes. Oven temperature and baking time may vary, depending on your oven.