….The Fern and the Bamboo….a philosophical story..
One day I decided to quit.... I quit my job, my relationship, my spirituality..... I wanted to quit my life. I went to have one last talk with my mentor. I said, "Can you give me one good reason not to quit?"
The answer surprised me..."Look around. What do you see?” I saw a fern and bamboo seeds?"
My mentor replied, "When the fern and the bamboo seeds were planted, I took very good care of them. I gave them light. I gave them water. The fern quickly grew from the earth. Its brilliant green covered the floor. Yet nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.
“In the second year the Fern grew more vibrant and plentiful. And again, nothing came from the bamboo seed. But I did not quit on the bamboo.
“In the third year, there was still nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit.
“In the fourth year, again, there was nothing from the bamboo seed. But I would not quit.
“Then in the fifth year a tiny sprout emerged from the earth. Compared to the fern it was seemingly small and insignificant. But just 6 months later the bamboo rose to over 100 feet tall. It had spent the five years growing roots. Those roots made it strong and gave it what it needed to survive. Life does not give anyone a challenge they can not handle.
"Did you know that all this time you have been struggling, you have actually been growing roots? I did not quit on the bamboo. Never quit on yourself. Don't compare yourself to others. The bamboo had a different purpose than the fern; yet, they both make the forest beautiful.
“Your time will come. You will rise high! How high should you rise? How high will the bamboo rise? ...As high as it can. So you should rise as high as you can. Never regret a day in your life.”
• Good days give you Happiness.
• Bad days give you Experiences.
• Both are essential to life.
• Happiness keeps you Sweet,
• Trials keep you Strong,
• Sorrows keep you Human,
• Failures keep you Humble,
• Success keeps You Glowing,
• But only your faith keeps you going!
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Jalilah JJ of FB thread Kuih Muih dan Makanan Tradisional Melayu
3 cups flour
1 cup evaporated milk
1 teaspoon salt
2 cups water
1 tablespoon cooking oil
a few drops of yellow food coloring
1. Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. Stir and pour into the blender.
2. Blend till well mixed. Pour the mixture into a three nozzle squeeze bottle.
3. Heat a non stick pan (I've used my 'Pemanggang Ajaib') and brush lightly with cooking oil.
4. Pipe the batter onto the pan and when the batter is set, fold them in any shape of your choice.
5. Serve with curry dishes.
Have a nice day!