FRIED BITTER GOURD WITH EGG
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : ME
1 bitter gourd
2 shallots - minced
2 clove garlic - minced
1 fresh red chillie - minced
1 tablespoon dried shrimp - soak and then pound
1/2 teaspoon Maggi Secukup Rasa (optional)
2 eggs - lightly beaten
salt to taste
cooking oil (I used corn oil)
Crispy fried onions - garnish
1. To prepare the bitter gourd, cut in half lengthwise, remove the seeds and cut on the diagonal into thin slices. Degorge the bitter gourd by sprinkling salt over the slices and placing them in a colander to drain for 15 minutes. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add in the minced shallots, garlic and chillie till fragrant.
3. Add in the dried shrimps and stir for a few minutes. Add a bit of water.
4. Add in the bitter gourds and stir till the bitter gourds are slightly soften.
5. Add in Maggi Secukup Rasa.
6. Pour in the eggs. Stir.
7. Season with salt if necessary. Garnish with crispy fried onion and ready to serve!
Have a nice day!