CHOCOLATE SOFT BUNS
Posted by MamaFaMi
480g high protein flour
50g milk powder
20g cocoa powder
250ml chilled water
1/2 teaspoon coffee emulco
11g instant dried yeast (I used Mauripan)
140g castor sugar
100g margarine (I used Planta margarine)
1. Gease all 4 baking tins (6 inch tins) thoroughly. I used vegetable shortening. Keep aside.
2. Place all ingredients for dough except margarine in a mixing bowl.
3. Fasten the dough hook onto the mixer and start kneading.
4. Once the ingrediets have just combined, add in the margarine. Knead till a soft, elastic and shiny dough is formed.
5. Remove from the bowl and rest the dough for about 10 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into a 30g balls. Shape it nicely and arrange in the prepared tins.
7. Cover the tins and leave the dough to rise till almost double the size.
8. Mix a bit of milk powder with a bit of water and brush lightly on top of the dough. Sprinkle with sliced almonds, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips.
9. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 15 to 20 minutes. Oven temperature and baking time may vary, depending on your oven.
10. Once baked, remove from the oven and onto a wire rack to cool.