Search This Blog

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Easy Banana Muffins

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

"When I was clearing my......"

That sentence spells... danger! danger! danger!Hahaha...

If the sentence ends up with "cupboard", then my family members are the chosen victim! It is a normal thing, when you tidy your cupboard once in a blue moon (mine perhaps, blue, green, yellow and all the other colors you could think of!), you tend to find lots of 'treasures'. I will snap the photos and whatsapp it to the Family Group and we will have a good laugh... hahahaha....down memory lane....

BUT....

If that sentence finishes with 'email', that means, there is a big possibility I ended up buying something from the online shops. Though it is not THAT often this situation occurs, but the possibility is still there!

If not with the online shop, then it will definately ends up with me printing or copying something from the net and into the kitchen I go...IF.. I am in mood to do some experiments in the kitchen.

And yesterday, it was not the shopping, but the experimenting that took place... phew... I am so relieved I didn't do any online shopping. It's the waiting for the courier services that actually tense me up! :)


T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

As I was saying... When I was clearing my email, I came across email from Allrecipes featuring The 25 New Recipes of 2013. I scrolled down and decided to click on the Easy Banana Muffin. Since I have some over riped bananas in the fridge, I thought, why not try this one out and I think I've made the right decision...


EASY BANANA MUFFINS
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Easter Bunny via Allrecipes


Ingredients :

3/4 cup all-purpose flour (I used 1 1/2 cups)
3/4 cup whole wheat flour (I omit this because I don't have the flour)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 bananas, mashed (I used 3 because that was all I had)
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup canola oil (I used Naturel Corn Oil)
1 egg
Some chocolate chips (I added)
Vanilla essence (I added)

Method :

1. Preheat oven to 170 C. Arrange the papercups on a baking tray.
2. Sift the dry ingredients into a bowl. I sifted trice. Set aside.
3. Mix bananas, white and brown sugar, canola oil, vanilla essence and egg together in a separate large bowl.
4. Fold in the dry ingredients into the banana mixture until just incorporated. Scoop batter into prepared muffin cups, 3/4 full.
5. Sprinkle with some chocolate chips.
6. Bake in the preheated oven until muffins spring back when lightly tapped in the middle, 20 to 25 minutes.

The original version


Have a nice day!



10 comments:

  1. Sedapnya aroma pisang. Terbau bau bau sampai Shah Alam....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Assalamualaikum mama,

    apa kabar sihat ke?? Wah banana muffins tu sungguh menyelerakan...dpt 1 buat minum ptg sedappp nie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waaalaikumussalam Nuridah...

      Rasa muffins ni ala ala kuih apam pisang kukus. Sedap...

      Delete
  3. When I was clearing my blog walking... I usually end up with drooling all the time.... :-P hahahaha.....
    Mama... may I have one pleaseeeeeee....... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time round, when you decided to do blog walking, don't forget to put a box of tissue next to you, or better still, take you bath towel with you... hahahaha...

      Delete
  4. Salam sis, dah buat semalam....sedap...lembut...tq :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Sis...

      Wah dah buat ye. Ha ah lembut kan. Taste like apam pisang... :D

      Delete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!