Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Ketam Sambal Bersantan (Crab Sambal with coconut milk)

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

I thought I am not going to write anything in the Ramblings section. But then, I changed my mind. I just had to write something... or rather... I had to let out what I am feeling at the moment. I AM FRUSTERATED actually. I browsed through my blog, trying to look for something, but what did I find... yeah, lots and lots of entries without photos but only the 'exclaimation mark' thingy on it's place. Not that I am not aware of that situation, but I didn't realise there are so many and I am not sure whether I still have them in my folder. Huwaaaa.... But In Shaa Allah I will try my best to upload whatever's left.....

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E


KETAM SAMBAL BERSANTAN
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : My mom


Ingredients :

6 pieces crabs - clean and wash
6 shallots
2 cloves garlic
1 inch ginger
1 inch fresh turmeric
3 tablespoons chillie paste
2 tablespoons tamarind juice
1/2 cup thick coconut milk
enough water
salt and sugar to taste
zeal - optional
1 piece turmeric leaf
cooking oil

Method :
1. Mince shallots, garlic, ginger and fresh turmeric.
2. Heat oil in a heavy skillet. Add in the minced ingredients. Fry till fragrant. Add in the chillie paste. Stir for another 3 minutes.
3. Add in tamarind juice. Add in coconut milk and enough water. Let it boil, then add salt, sugar and zeal to taste.
4. Add in the turmeric leaf and the crabs.
5. Simmer for a while till the crabs are cooked and remove from heat. Ready to serve.

This is my mom's lunch, together with this....


Have a nice day!

3 comments:

  1. Assalamualaikum..mamafami aduh saya ni antu ketam klu dpt ratah ni mmg x hingat donia ni ,pastu hirup pulak dgn sup sayur tu...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lama Pn. Ros tak masuk sini, sesekali masuk dihidang kan dengan resepi yang sedap-sedap. Berbaloi singgah, lain kali nak bawa pingan terus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. MamaFami, that photo thingy happened to me too! My older posts some photo hilang. Your ketam look fantastic, but I am too lazy to kopek the shell.

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!