Thank you Tun Telani for sharing this recipe with us. According to her, this recipe is adapted from one of her books collection called Cupcakes, Cookies & Coffee Cakes
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Tun Telani
3 granny smith apples (I used red apples)
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 cup butter (I used Planta Margarine)
1/2 cup castor sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 3/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1. Peel the apples and slice thinly. Coat the apples with cinnamon powder and arrange half of it at the bottom of your pan (greased). I’ve used my silicon mould, so greasing is unnecessary.
2. Place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and switch it on, till the mixture is well combined.
3. Pour half the batter over the apples.
4. Arrange the remaining apples on top and pour the rest of the batter into the pan.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for an hour or till a skewer inserted into the cake comes out clean.
6. Leave to cool and ready to serve.
Have a nice day!