Little did I realise that there is no entry for June, 2013 except for that scream-to-myself entry. Time flies and I just can't catch up with time because I am walking and not running. How is that possible to catch up with something that is flying! Hahahaha... otak ku senget lom buat alignment lagi ni! Merepek je kerjanya...
Anyway, I am still alive and breathing well. Alhamdulillah I managed to get to be 47... ha ah Mak chu, bangga tu, siap announce umur lagi... muahahaha.... Thank you to those lovely dearies who had wished me via email and whatsapp. How thoughtful of you ladies and I'm trully touched. Thank you Mak Chu for the treat at Secret Recipe... my very first time there. Yes, don't be surprised, it was indeed my first time to dine at Secret Recipe and I enjoyed it...
Other than that, yes Mak Teh, no news means good news. Alhamdulillah. Many good things happened last month that kept me really occupied. Alhamdulillah... syukur alhamdulillah.
Thank you to Izah and Kak Wan for sharing this nice recipe with us.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Citarasawan and adjusted by Izah
200 g flour - sifted
1 1/2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
50g castor sugar
100g potato - peeled and boiled till soft
1 tablespoon condensed milk
1 1/2 tablespoon margarine
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon salt
60ml water (I used less)
Icing sugar to coat the donuts (I used snow powder)
Enough oil for frying
1. Mash the boiled potatoes while they are still hot and keep aside to cool.
2. In a bowl, place flour, sugar and yeast. Mix well. Add in the mashed potatoes, condensed milk, margarine and egg yolk. Mix.
3. Pour water a little at a time and knead till a soft and elastic dough is formed.
4. Rest the dough, cover with a damp cloth and let it rise.
5. Roll the dough to 1/2 inch thick and cut using a donut cutter. Arrange on a tray layered with a clean plastic sheet. Rest for another 20 minutes or so.
6. Heat oil and fry the donuts till golden brown.
7. Coat with icing sugar or fine sugar or snow powder. You can also coat it with melted chocolate and drizzle with some colored rice.
Have a nice day!