Posted by MamaFaMi
2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg - lightly beaten
1/4 cup prawn meat - cut to small chunks
1 cup of corn kernels, cut from 2 large cobs
4 large scallions or green onions, finely sliced
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 fresh red chillie - chopped
1 onion - sliced thinly
salt to taste
enough water to produce a slightly thick batter (about 1 cup)
oil for frying
1. Sift together flour and baking powder.
2. Add egg, prawn meat, corn kernels, scallions, cilantro, red chillie, onion and salt.
3. Pour in enough water to get a slightly thick batter. Stir until just combined.
4. Heat enough cooking oil in a pan. Drop a spoonful of batter into the oil and fry till golden brown.
5. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
6. Serve with any dipping sauce of your choice. I love to eat these with Thai Sweet Chillie.
Have a nice day!