Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

MapMyRun and why I slept late! Ngeeee....

I had been doing morning walks for the past one month now, only missing twice. The first time was when I had to go to my son's school for the report card day and the second time, it was raining. I've read somewhere that it takes 21 days doing the same thing to develop the habit. So yes, after walking for 21 days, I just find it easier to get myself to walk in the mornings. Unlike previously when I walked for 3 days, stopped for another 3 days then continue walking and stopping and finally stopped ! But one thing that I am still unable to make it a habit is to not eat rice for 21 days continuously! Oh Allah, do give me strength. But then, I am now cutting on the amount of rice taken daily. Some days I even skipped rice! Aja aja fightning mama!!!

Thanks to my dearest sister for introducing me to this MapMyRun application on the cellphone. It developed my insterest to keep walking. MapMyRun will track our fitness activities. It will record our workout details, including duration, distance, pace, speed, elevation, calories burned, and route traveled on an interactive map. You can read more about it here.

And today, I am proud to say that I walked 6.45 km in 1 hour 22 minutes and 56 seconds! That's the furthest so far... And thanks to Kak Ana for the company. If I were to walk alone, I won't be walking out of my housing area. I am just not brave enough, just yet, eventhough my neighbourhood is considered safe but we'll never know... better be safe than sorry....

As mentioned in my previous entry, I had been sleeping late for 2 days, making cupcakes and brownies. Well, I'll post the photos of the end product. I just hope my dear customers will be happy with their orders.

Thank you Hanani

Hanani's too

Thank you Hanita and S3 for coming

Ila's order

Thank you Ila

"Kakak, I always noticed that your brownies were perfectly cut into the same sizes. Are you using any special equipment to cut them?


Regards,
Sally "


Thank you Sally for leaving a comment on my entry. To answer your question, I used a tray with the cutters that can be bought at any bakery supplies shops. I will bake the brownies without the cutters. Once the brownies are out of the oven, I will just place the cutters on top of the brownies and press slightly into the brownies just to leave some lines on the surface as a guide. When the brownies are cool, I will cut it with a sharp knife to give a clear cut on the brownies. Hope this helps!

Have a nice day!




22 comments:

  1. Kakak, I always noticed that your brownies were perfectly cut into the same sizes. Are you using any special equipment to cut them?

    Regards,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sally for leaving a comment. I've answered your question in the post itself. Hope it helps. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Mama Fami, your cuppies so cantik and comel molek. Your piping skill is excellent, I love the white rose very gorgeous.

    Keep up the good work, continue walking. In actually fact we have to walk 10,000 steps a day to stay healthy. Start slow, eventually you will feel very fit and when we reach our menopause age your symptom will be minimal or you'll not have a major problem.

    Jangan 21 days tak eat rice, wait later you will develop migraine. Rice is a must but cut down don't over eat. Those who skip rice will end up with severe headache, giddy or migraine. And when reach menopause age will be full of problem.
    If possible go for basmati or brown rice.

    Have a nice day, take care cayang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. here comes my Matron garang tapi baik hati.. Nasib baik I did my excercise. Kalau tak nanti Matron 'sound' baik punya! Hahaha... Thank you for all the info that you've shared with me. I will try to discipline myself as much as I can.. no ponteng walking. This Ramadhan pun I feel like walking. Tapi maybe, speed turun sikit la...

      I love Basmati rice but to think I have to cook two kinds of rice, makes me think twice juga! Hahaha....

      You too darling, take care and thank you once again.

      Delete
  3. Salam mama fami...salam perkenalan dari saya Shilla..saya suka tengok cuppies you..semua cantik2..saya juga baru nak belajar so banyak yang saya kena fahami..saya harap next time mama fami dapat bantu saya tentang dunia kek ni ye...tq..nice blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Shilla. Terima kasih atas komen Shilla. Ini sahaja yang mampu mama buat. Aduhai, malunya nak beri bantuan sebab mama sendiri pun bukan pandai mana. Sikit-sikit tu tahulah...

      Delete
  4. Hello kak!!! Hru dear? Looks like I have to start my brisk walk again, hihi! :)

    Those cuppies are looking gorgeous! I wonder how will someone have the heart to eat them...hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Love!

      So far, I am good. Hopefully will stay this way forever la, though I know it is just impossible. Haha... Tu la, if we are neighbours, then we can go brisk walking together sambil cerita resepi ayam! Hahahaha.....

      Very easy to eat them, just close your eyes, open your mouth and say your prayers... after that ngap terus... jangan fikir apa-apa... enjoy! Hahaha....

      Delete
  5. Wowwww...mama!, anak dara mana yang buat kek nih....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahahahahaha... Mat wat lawak. Erk... pesal tiba-tiba i rasa macam nak kepit je nih... ahahahaha... saborrrr je la ko ni Mat!

      Delete
  6. Hi Kakak,

    Thanks a lot for your reply and I appreciate it a lot that you actually attached a photo of the cutter. I have seen this item in the baking shop but it never crossed my mind they can be used to cut brownies :) Will buy one pretty soon.

    Try eating brown rice. You can get the eco-brown, brown rice from any supermarket - Jusco, Tesco or Giant. Soak the rice for about 30 minutes (if you prefer longer, can be soaked up to 2 hours), then cook it as per normal. But for brown rice, for 1 cup of rice, you should use 2 cups water.

    My family eat brown rice. The only time we eat white rice is when eating out.

    Regards,
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sally dear,
      You can actually arrange the blades according to how many pieces you want okay. Get one and you'll know what I mean okay.

      Thank you for the info about the brown rice. Perhaps I should get a small packet first and see how it goes.

      Delete
  7. Salam mamafami..kite ni peminat senyap..ingat x..fb friend yg patah kerusi gara gara duk mengadap fb..kite tgk kat blog mamafami ade gambar biskut tapak kuda..dah 6 thn kite cari resepi tu sejak arwah mak meninggal..teringin nak sgt buat..

    haflah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Haflah. Ish... ada ke peminat mama ni.. ish malu ai... Nama Haflah ni memang familiar cuma maybe cerita ceriti tak berapa nak ingat. Terima kasihlah sudi tegur mama di sini ye memandangkan persada FB ku telah berkubur... hehehe...

      Hmmm resepi biskut tapak kuda yang mama punya tu sama ke dengan apa yang Haflah cari sebab rasanya ada lagi satu resepi yang namanya sama tapi cara buatnya berbeza. Tapi kalau nak cuba yang mama tepek ni, silalah. Resepi tu memang sedap sebab resepi mak dapat masa dia belajar kat WI dulu. Tapi ye lah, lain orang lain rasa biskut yang dihasilkan walaupun resepinya sama kan Haflah kan... :)

      Delete
  8. Masya-Allah... cantiknya! Lembut menawan warnanya! Terpikat mata ini memandangnya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terima kasih Amie... kembang setaman kejap mama... :D

      Delete
  9. Mamafami.....sape tak kenal? Teringin nk tengok orgnya.....cantik mcm kek dia tak?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rasanya kek ni jauh lebih cantik dari tukang buatnya... Ahaks...

      Delete
  10. Thanks mamafami...tapi kat mana mamafami tepek kan resepi tu...cari xjumpa...arwah mak pun belajar dari wi jugak..wi johor bahru...arwah mak aktif jugak dari muda...xkire la sama ke tidak..kalau dari mamafami mesti sedap punya...

    haflah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haflah, email mama ye...nanti mama jawab kemudian sebab dah nak turun bawah ni. Baru lepas gosok baju. Nak jengok dapur jap... My email : mamafami66@gmail.com

      Delete
  11. Salam mamafami, suka sangat tengok hasil keja mamafami yang cantik dan mengancam tue, berapa ya harga kek coklat yang mamafami buat teu.. yang dah dipotong-potong tue, nampak sedap sangat..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lawa design... Sya ni suka sgt butter cream, tp selalu dpt resepi butter cream manis sgt.. x macam butter cream kat kdai kek... ada resepi yang boleh di share x? Tq...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!