I am stranded in my own world. Not by choice though. Had not been blogwalking and had not been visiting my own blog! Thanks to the not -so-good internet connection in my room. Hubby had moved the Unifi box to the hall upstairs. It used to be in my computer room before but he moved it there so that my mom's room will have better signal for the Unifi TV.
Besides that, I am not in my best state of health. My blood pressure reading is quite high, especially the Systolic reading. I am starting to worry now. If you have any traditional remedy that I can try, I will be so grateful if you could share it with me. Thank you...
For this entry, I will share with you this Chiffon Cake. A recipe passed down to me by my aunt via her son, Yed. Thank you Yed for the recipe. And since this is quite an antique recipe, it had used this Softasilk Flour. I was pretty excited when I managed to get a box at Jaya Grocer, The Empire Subang Jaya but for a price to pay. As long as I managed to get one box, I am a one happy lady :)
CHOCOLATE CHIFFON CAKE
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : My dear aunty, Mak Itam
8 oz softasilk flour
6 oz castor sugar
4 oz corn oil
3 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 oz cocoa powder mixed with 5 oz warm water to form paste
7 egg yolks
1. Mix well all the ingredients except egg yolks.
2. Lastly add in the egg yolks and stir well.
7 egg whites
6 oz castor sugar
1. Beat egg whites in mixer on high speed until stiff peak. It should not fall out when you turn the mixing bowl over.
2. Add in sugar, a little at a time and continue beating till the mixture thickens and light.
3. Scoop 1/2 the egg whites into the ingredients A. Fold lightly. Add the rest of the egg whites and keep folding till all the mixture is well combined.
4. Pour into the chiffon cake tin and bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
5. Remove from the oven and turn the tin upside down. Leave to cool completely before removing the cake from the tin using a sharp knife. Slice and serve.
Have a nice day!