BEEF PEPPERONI PIZZA
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Chef Poh via Kak Rusnah
Ingredients (Dough) :
600g plain white flour (best to use good strong baker's flour - higher in protein)
4 teaspoons instant dried yeast
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
400ml ± water (enough to make a firm dough)
1. Mix one tablespoon of flour, the sugar and yeast with a couple of tablespoons of tepid water and allow to stand for 20 minutes. This will activate the yeast.
2. In a large bowl mix flour, one tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
3. Add yeast mixture and enough water to make up a firm dough and mix well.
4. Cover bowl with damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for an hour.
5. Remove dough to a floured workbench and knead for five or six minutes.
6. Divide dough into two, knead each into a loaf shape, put in oiled bread tin, cover with damp tea towel and leave in a warm place for an hour.
7. Before baking, sprinkle surface of each loaf with flour.
8. Bake in moderately hot oven (200°C) for about 45 minutes, or until top is golden brown and bottom is light brown. Tap the bottom, it should sound hollow.
Ingredients (Topping) :
Kimball's Tradional Spagetti Sauce
Enough beef pepperoni
My way of preparing the pizza :
I used my Bread Maker to prepare the dough. When the dough is ready, roll to 1/4 inch thick. Prick with a fork all over the rolled dough. Spread enough spagetti sauce, arrange the pepperoni and grate enough mozarella cheese. Bake.
You can add more ingredients to the topping but since my kids prefer it plain, so this was how I had prepared the pizza.
Have a nice day!