Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Butter Cake (Kjee)

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

I received a text message from Kak Wan Nita Ferial of Fadeliciouscake, asking me if I had unfriend her in facebook. Well Kak Wan, it's not only you that I had unfriend. Infact I had unfriend everybody..... temporarily! Hahaha... I've deactivated my Facebook account since last week... again! Time is just not on my side at the moment.... huhuhu.....

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Thank you Kjee for sharing your butter cake recipe with us. Made these last Sunday.

BUTTER CAKE (KJEE)

Posted by MamaFaMi

Source : Kak Jee


Ingredients :

250g butter (at room temperature)
150g castor sugar
4 eggs
200g self raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla (I substituted with Rose essence)
4 tablespoons evaporated milk


Method :

1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Use low speed to mix butter and sugar until well combined. Change to medium speed and beat until light and pale in yellow.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
4. Add in rose essence and mix well.
5. Add in flour, in three addition.
6. Finally, add milk bit by bit.
7.Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin. Shake it lightly to distribute cake mixture evenly. I used the foil, so there is no need to grease.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. If a skewer comes out clean, it is done.
9. Remove it from the oven and leave the cake in the tin to cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes.

Note :
I've baked this cake in two foil containers. One was just the plain butter cake and the other one, I just sprinkled some toasted almond flakes on top. Simply yummeh!






Have a nice day!

14 comments:

  1. aisey man, Kjee baru terfikir last week nak buat plain butter cake, tetiba MF dah buat. If esok ada air, Kjee nak buatlah. Jeles. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sgt delicious tgk pic2 ni..

    Follow blog yummy anda ye.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow.. so simple lah resepi nie.. nk cuba lah.. butter cake mmg all time favorite la mama.. hihihi...

    btw, if nk wat satu adunan.. guna loyang size ape ye Mama?.. 8" ok?..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kjee :
    Aik, macam main badminton plak. Kita jeles tengok kek Kjee, Kjee plak jeles tengok kek kita... hihi.. apa-apa pun, yang pentingnya, kita berdua dah pernah rasa kek ni kan... :D

    Mummy GreenyHouse :
    Terima kasih

    :: Azura Rahman :: :
    Buat jangan tak buat. Ingredients sikit je kan. Tentang loyang tu, kalau ikut Kjee dia guna loyang 7 x 7 inci. Mama guna dua bekas aluminium foil tu... Satu buat plain, satu tabur almond flakes..

    ReplyDelete
  5. salam.....hihi nampak sedap sedap bila jengah kat sini. Rasa pulak nak makan .

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mama, ur 'water hand' always the bestest! Tabur byk2 almond atas kek tu pastu ngap...boleh kan mama ai tumpang sorang?? Heee

    ReplyDelete
  7. gebusnya kek ni...penuh pula tu ngn almond...superb..

    ReplyDelete
  8. cantik keknya..
    suka datang sini.resepinya buat semua jadi.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha, same here! I too getting too many emails asking if I deactivated my FB profile. Yes I did. And I've given enough reminders before doing so. Saying I would be active in my blog and FB Page.

    May I have few slices of the cake please kak! :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. cutenya kek dia.... tumpang minum di sini ye, hulur sepotong ajelah... sebab baru lepas dinner...

    ReplyDelete
  11. dear mama,

    Thank u for forwarding the rcp..hv tried it and the taste was sedaaappp... but a tiny question from an amateur, why is it that my cake have a distinctive line..the bottom part was not as 'gebu' and fluffy as the top one?
    tq!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. salam mama...
    lama leen tak menjengah, tiba2 nampak butter cake tu, terus ke dapur...leen copypaste tau ma...thanks ma..nak publish post butter cake ni

    ReplyDelete
  13. salam mama,

    i dah try the recipe and it taste delicious. thanks sebab dah membakar my semangat to bake again...nak tanya, cake to mmg basah2 sikit ye?

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!