I received a text message from Kak Wan Nita Ferial of Fadeliciouscake, asking me if I had unfriend her in facebook. Well Kak Wan, it's not only you that I had unfriend. Infact I had unfriend everybody..... temporarily! Hahaha... I've deactivated my Facebook account since last week... again! Time is just not on my side at the moment.... huhuhu.....
Thank you Kjee for sharing your butter cake recipe with us. Made these last Sunday.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Kak Jee
250g butter (at room temperature)
150g castor sugar
200g self raising flour
1 teaspoon vanilla (I substituted with Rose essence)
4 tablespoons evaporated milk
1. Preheat oven to 180°C.
2. Use low speed to mix butter and sugar until well combined. Change to medium speed and beat until light and pale in yellow.
3. Add in eggs, one at a time and beat well after each addition.
4. Add in rose essence and mix well.
5. Add in flour, in three addition.
6. Finally, add milk bit by bit.
7.Pour the mixture into a greased baking tin. Shake it lightly to distribute cake mixture evenly. I used the foil, so there is no need to grease.
8. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown. If a skewer comes out clean, it is done.
9. Remove it from the oven and leave the cake in the tin to cool on the wire rack for another 5 minutes.
I've baked this cake in two foil containers. One was just the plain butter cake and the other one, I just sprinkled some toasted almond flakes on top. Simply yummeh!
Have a nice day!