Posted by MamaFaMi
Adapted from : Bread Magic Book by Chef Alan Ooi
Ingredients A :
250g plain flour
1/2 tablespoon instant dried yeast
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon bread improver
Ingredients B :
Ingredients C :
1 teaspoon margarine (I added)
Filling (to be blended together) :
100g butter - softened (I used Planta)
5 pips garlic - finely chopped
1/2 tablespoon parsley - chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt (I omit this)
1. Combine ingredients A in a mixer. Add in ingredient B and beat to form a dough. Add in ingredient C and knead till dough is smooth and elastic to the touch.
2. Leave dough in a big bowl, covered with a damp cloth. Leave for it to rise. Punch down the dough and divide into 4 portions. Shape into balls. Leave to rest for 10 minutes.
3. Flatten the dough and make into long cylindrical shape about four inches in length. Leave to proof for 30 minutes.
4. When dough is ready, slit the front centre with a sharp knife and pipe in the filling.
5. Spray the buns with a bit of water and bake in a preheated oven at 180 C for 25 minutes. Once out of the oven, brush the buns with margarine.
I used my breadmaker.
Have a nice day!