Posted by MamaFaMi
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 egg ~ slightly beaten
6 - 8 tablespoons water (from the fridge)
1. Sift flour and baking powder in a bowl.
2. Rub in margarine to form bread crumbs.
3. Add in egg and mix well.
4. Pour in the cold water bit by bit till a soft and smooth dough is formed.
5. Divide the dough into 2 portion, one portion slightly more.
6. Roll thin the big portion and place at the bottom of the casserole.
7. Pour the filling, and arrange the boiled carrots, potatoes and eggs.
8. Roll thin the other portion of the crust and cover the filling. Decorate as you wish.
9. Brush with egg yolk on top and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200 C till golden brown.
1 carrot ~ cleaned and diced
2 medium potatoes ~ cleaned and cubed
5 button mushrooms ~ sliced
2 eggs ~ boiled
1/2 Onion ~ sliced
2 garlic ~ minced
1/2 inch ginger ~ minced
Chicken fillets ~ diced
1/2 Chicken cube
black pepper ~ crushed
1 tablespoon soya sauce
Corn flour mixed with a bit of water ~ to thicken the gravy
Egg yolk ~ to brush on top
Oil for cooking
1. Boil carrots and potatoes with a bit of salt till tender.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Saute the garlic, ginger and onion till fragrant.
3. Add in the chicken chunks and enough water. The amount of water depends on how much gravy you prefer. Add chicken cube.
4. Once boiling, add in black pepper, salt and soya sauce for color.
5. Before removing from heat, pour in the cornflour mixture to thicken the gravy.
Have a nice day!