I was browsing through the internet yesterday to look for something that I can make, to bring to Abang Ngah's Tahlil yesterday night. Came across this donut recipe that I've never tried before, at Rima's page which she got it from HaSue. The donuts turned out to be soft and lovely. I made it into bite sized donuts. Thank you to these two lovely ladies for sharing the recipe with us. Since I was running out of time, I just coat it with fine sugar.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : HaSue via Rima
500g high protein flour (i used half bread flour and half all purpose flour)
1 packet of instant yeast (11g)
50g Margarine (i used unsalted butter)
1 tbsp Shortening
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp condense milk or milk powder
1 egg (lightly beaten)
1/2 tsp salt
200ml warm water
Fine sugar for coating
1. In a big bowl, add warm water, yeast, sugar, milk, margarine and shortening and stir using spoon lightly and let it rest for 8-10 mins.
2. Once yeast mixture starting to bubble, add half of sifted flour into bowl, add egg and salt too... continue to stir using spoon (in one direction)
3. Once mixture incorporated and not sticking to your spoon, add another half of the sifted flour, mix lightly with spoon and quickly continue to knead dough using your hand till dough no longer sticking to the bowl (you will know if dough is ready when ur dough no longer stick to your fingers)
4. You don't have to let dough rest but if you want a much much more rounder donut, you may do so for 5 to 10 mins
5. Roll dough to about 1/2" thick and cut with donut cutter
6. Heat oil and deep fry donut on medium heat till golden brown (if u prefer a much more fluffier, do rest it for 10mins or so, the more lighter ur donut is, the more fluffier it will be)
7. Once cool, coat donut using fine sugar or melted chocolate..
Bread Maker method :
1. Pour water into the breadmaker pan. Add sugar, condensed milk, egg and salt.
2. Top it with flour. Select the dough function and press start.
3. When the dough is slightly incorporated, add in margarine and shortening and leave the bread maker to finish it's process which will takes about 1 1/2 hour or so.
4. Remove the dough from the pan.
Steps 5 till the end, is similar as the above.
One of the brownies ordered by Madam Saerah. Thank you neighbour!
For Nubhan FC's event. Thank you Zai, Angah, Harney and Kikey... (2 boxes)
Cupcakes ordered by my sister in law for her neighbour... Thank you.
Have a nice day!