Thank you Wendy for sharing with us this lovely idea. All the best to you in The Masterchef Final.
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Wendy's Red bean Spiral Pau
250ml warm water
¼ tsp salt
500gm pau flour (low gluten flour)
1 sachet dry yeast
Red bean paste for filling
Method : (using Bread Maker)
1. Into the bread maker pan, pour the lukewarm water. Add sugar and salt.
2. Top it with flour and drizzle the dry yeast. Select the dough setting and press start.
3. When the ingredients is just combined, add in the shortening and leave the bread maker to finish the cycle.
4. Divide dough into 50gm portions.
Rose Shaped Buns by Wendy
1. Make small dough balls of 15gm each.
2. Flatten each ball and roll out flat.
3. With fingers, press the sides of the circle to make them flatter and to create ripples (uneveness) .
4. Arrange 6 pieces of flattened dough, half stacking on top of each other.
5. Start rolling from the first piece on the bottom.
6. With a chopstick, saw the roll, it will roll while you saw, creating a fatter center than the sides. Eventually it will break into 2.
7. Place rose buds upright on a piece of paper.
8. Let buns rise to double and steam on high heat for 12 minutes.
*Tip : Flatten out enough dough balls for one round of steaming before flattening out the rest. Keep dough in fridge to prevent over proofing while you slowly form the rose buds. And keep the formed rose buds in the fridge(covered) to slow down the 2nd proofing while you shape. This method does take time to complete.
Have a nice day!