APAM GULA MELAKA
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : che'iza of Myresipi dot Com
* 1 cup water
* 1/2 cup palm sugar (gula Melaka) - cut to small pieces
* 1 screw pine leaf (daun pandan)
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon dried yeast
3/4 cup water
3 tablespoons sugar
pinch of salt
1. Boil the ingredients marked with * till sugar dissolved. Put through a sieve and set aside to cool.
2. Mix the rest of the ingredients in a big bowl.
3. Pour the cooled syrup into the dry ingredients and mix thouroughly.
4. Cover the container and leave to rise for 40 minutes or till triple the amount.
5. Grease a baking tin with oil and leave for 5 minutes.
6. Pour the mixture into the tin and steam for 30 to 35 minutes or till a skewer inserted into the kuih apam comes out clean.
7. Leave to cool before cutting. Serve with fresh grated coconut mixed with a bit of salt.
Have a great day everyone!