Search This Blog

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Potato Bread (Saerah)

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Thank you to my dear neighbour, Puan Saerah, for sharing this recipe with me. I am so sorry as I don't do justice to your recipe. Just look at how ugly my buns turned out to be. The recipe is lovely actually because I've tasted the buns that she made out of this recipe. Fatin said the same too. That was because, I've got carried away with the house chores and had left the shaped dough to prove far too long. InsyaAllah I will try to bake it again and hopefully it will turn out pretty!


Chicken Floss Buns
 POTATO BREAD
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Puan Saerah's sister


Ingredients:

250g bread flour
150g plain flour
100g potato flakes
350ml water
80g sugar
50g margarine
1tsp salt
2tsp instant yeast


Plain Buns
 Method:

1. Place kneading blade into bread pan.
2. Pour water in.
3. Add in sugar, margarine, salt and potato flakes.
4. Add in both flours.
5. Lastly add in instant yeast.
6. Knead dough for 30 minutes.
7. Remove and rest dough for 15 minutes.
8. Make into 15 balls (weighing roughly about 70g each) and fit into pan.
9. Let proof for 30 minutes or until it doubles.
10. Bake in preheated oven at 190*C for 30 minutes.

Note :
Made the dough into 3 different buns. Plain buns, sugar buns and chicken floss buns.


Sugar Buns


T.H.E A.C.T.I.V.I.T.Y

Made these for my sister in law's order for her neighbour.


The balance cupcakes were transformed to these, for my nephew and nieces.


Have a nice day everyone!

13 comments:

  1. mama jika akak letak cheese eerr mozarella ...ok tak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. noor :
    Boleh aje Kak Noor... asal kita bahagia... hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Assalamulaikum mama

    CT suka makan roti tak kitalah. Tapi nak tanya ni, mana nak cari or beli chicken floss ni Mama. bole bagitau tak..? hihihi. maeh Mama :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. CT Delima
    Waalaikumussalam CT...

    Mama beli chicken floss kat Yummies Bangi. Ada tanda halal. Kalau tak ada chicken floss, hantam sajalah serunding daging, sodap gak... hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  5. suka roti gini...boleh diperbagaikan....he..he...

    ReplyDelete
  6. assalamuaalaikum mama!!
    amboi2 sedapnya roti tu..bak mai sepiring..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assalamualaikum Mama,
    Sedapnya nampak roti kentang mama, teringin nak makan.

    Cupcake kat bawah tu pun cute sangat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mama ambik resepi erk. Tapi kena pi cari chicken floss dulu le nampaknya. masa keje kat komtar dulu selalu beli roti ni kat pacific. sedap sgt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. MamaFaMi, great buns!
    Can i ask u, where can I get potato flakes? Can I use the box mashed potato sold in supermarkets?
    TQ :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salam kunjungan.. singgah la ke blog saya ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!