Search This Blog

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Oreo Cheese Cupcakes

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Just wondering, is there any difference between baking for your own consumption and baking to fulfil orders?

For me, I don't really know why I always feel tensed when baking for others. But when baking, just to feed my curiousity, I am always at ease. Well, after thinking about it for a while, I came to a few conclusions.

1. I am not 100% confident.
2. I am scared of letting down those who had ordered from me, after looking at the photos that I had posted here. Just scared the taste or the look doesn't meet their expectation.
3. Lack of practise as I don't normally get orders. It's just once in a blue moon and all are just for fun sake and helping where ever I could.

So to those who had ordered from me before, I hope you're satisfied but if you're not, please accept my sincere apologies. I am just a human being and not perfect at all....erk..emo ler plak ha....

The latest order that I had done was for dear Puan Fadzlina. Thank you Ina for ordering and thanks to Fiza for delivering...


T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E

Psstt...want to know one of mamafami's secret? Well, she has a phobia to bake cheese cakes! That is why there's hardly cheese cakes recipes in her blog.

But recently, I had braved myself to overcome my phobia. I baked Oreo CheeseCupcakes after looking at all the yummy photos in so many blogs. It came out nice though I wonder, why mine doesn't look like theirs, at least, like Dr Inahar or like Kak Wan's of Resipi Citarasawan. Why those two blogs? Because I took the recipe from Dr Inahar's Blog who took hers from Kak Wan's Blog. See the connection? Hehehe...

Anyway, thank you dear ladies for sharing the recipe. Never judge the taste by the look okay. My cupcakes are delicious! Mind you...this statement is not BOASTING but CONFIDENCE.... hahaha...

OREO CHEESE CUPCAKES
Posted by MamaFaMi
Source : Dr Inahar's Blogspot

Ingredients :

2 packets Oreo biscuites (1/2 for the base and 1/2 for the filling and topping, crushed finely. Remove the cream)
250g cream cheese (I used Tatura) - room temperature
30g butter
100g castor sugar
2 nos eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
50g crushed oreo
1 tablespoon flour

To sprinkle : Crushed oreo


Method :

1. Pre-heat oven at 180 C. Line the muffin cups with papercups. Place a piece of oreo inside the papercups as the base. Set aside.
2. Cream the cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla essence. Add egg, one at a time and continue beating till smooth. Add in oreo crumbs and mix well.
3. Spoon the filling onto the prepared oreo base. You can use a piping bag too.
4. Sprinkle with Oreo crumbs and bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Leave to cool for at least 1 hour in the regfrigerator or better still, leave it overnight.


Cheerio!

9 comments:

  1. wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. lembutnya!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hitam2 sitompok manggis...kalau dpt lg manisss...ngeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. sedappppnya.......
    terliur nengoknya.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. assalam,gosh..tgk je dah nangis2x,fav Don ni...mine too...ape aje ngan cheese...mesti sedap,lagi pulak airtangan mamafami...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi MamaFami, I may not have had the opportunity of eating your delicious looking cakes, but one thing I will say, you sure make real good looking cakes.
    With obvious dexterity, finesse and delicacy.

    Your colours, the texture confirms my thoughts.
    And as to your worries,....don't.
    Just do, bake as you do for your loved ones at home.

    And there is nothing more appealing on this earth than that of a beautiful mother in the act of cooking, baking for her loved ones.
    And your cakes have that special ingredient called 'love'.

    As to worries when baking for others, yes, the reason being of monetary rewards....but you just go ahead...I'm sure your many friends, customers singing praises about your cakes.

    Have a nice day and keep a song in your heart.
    Best regards. Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Assalamualaikumwbh....

    Owh...the cheese cuppies, mmm they look just so yummy and tempting enough sis..

    Insya'Allah...mama....sbb mama nak buat yg terbaik utk others..that's is why the positive stress dtg tu..:)
    You'll be amazed one day what this positive stress can do to us....biiznillah....

    Ayu pun mcm tu gak..nerveous giler bile dpt oder....padahal yg order tu aunty2 ayu jer...he3..

    ReplyDelete
  8. wahh sedap ni mama..dah lama masuk list nk buat tapi tak terbuat2 juga....hehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ady Budika :
    Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh panjangnya wah kamu tu Ady.. hehe

    hani :
    Manis manis si cuppies orea, jangan suka manis sangat, bahaya oooo... :D

    Mas :
    Mas buat lagi cantik, lagi geram je menengoknya...

    MAK TEH :
    Waalaikumussalam dear sis. Eh janganlah nangis, buatlah sket. Half the recipe dah cukup for the both of you... :D

    Uncle Lee :
    Hi Uncle Lee. Your words are always so soothing. Thank you so much for your kind comments. Makes me feel at ease. Thank you.

    Ayu Safieza :
    Waalaikumussalam warrahmatullahiwabarokaatuh Ayu. Thank you for your kind comment. Hopefully whatever you've written is true. Trully hope they are satisfied with the amount paid. Otherwise, tak syok oo...

    Nieza :
    Tak pe Nieza, mama ni pun, dah berzaman masuk list, baru hari ni terbuat... better late than never... hihii...

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!