Alhamdulillah... I am still breathing, still standing and mental wise, still sound. Hahaha... It was just too hectic for me these past few days. With visitors, wedding invitation,orders to fulfill and lots more. The peak was last Sunday. I really forced myself to the max. At one time, I felt like I just can't go on because my patience was wearing thin, but Alhamdulillah with Allah's help, I managed.
To all bakers out there, I salute you! It takes such strong will power, patience and talent to be a good baker. And trust me, I am not in that category! I am not being humble but I am talking about reality. I only had to do a set of 25 pieces cupcakes. It was just that the fondant went soft in my hands (yeah right... I'm HOT bebehhhh... ahaks!!!) instead of hardening. That makes the cutting of fondant alphabets is near to impossible as it kept sticking to the cutters. Thank God I still have patience or otherwise, God knows what will happen to the cutters! Hahaha.... So yes, no thank you to owning a bakery shop! Rest my case! Haha...
Anyway, here are the few things that I had made these couple of days. Thank you Nora and Midah for trusting in me with your orders. I just hope that both of you are satisfied....
One fine morning, I went to the Pasar Tani near our house with my dear hubby. When we reached the stall selling all kinds of frozen stuffs like beef polony (Pizza Hut), 1901 sausages, frozen lasagne (Pizza Hut), Turkey slice, white sauce, blackpepper sauce and many many others, hubby was extra interested in the latest product by them, which is Talapia fillets. With the fillets, I've tried Kak Liza's recipe from her 1Hari 1Resipi book. She had used the spiced flour to coat the fish. In my second attempt, I had used just the plain flour. My family prefers the one with the plain flour. I will post both recipes. The one posted in English is my version.
FISH and CHIPS
Adapted from : Kak Liza's 1Hari 1Resipi Book
2 Talapia fillets
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon pepper
1 cup all purpose flour
1 egg white
enough bread crumbs
enough cooking oil for frying
1. Wash the fish and pat with kitchen towel. Coat the fish fillets with lemon juice and pepper. Then coat the fillets with flour.
2. Heat the oil.
3. Dip the fish fillets in the egg white and coat with bread crumbs.
4. Fry until golden brown.
5. Drain on kitchen paper and serve with fried chips and coleslow.
The Bahasa Malaysia version is Kak Liza's recipe without any adjustments made. Thank you Kak Liza!
FISH AND CHIP
Dicilok dari : Buku 1hari 1resepi Kak Liza
BAHAN - BAHANNYA :
2 keping ikan Dory
1 sudu teh jus lemon
1 sudu teh serbuk lada sulah
100g brokoli (dipotong kecil)
200g kentang goreng
1 cawan tepung serbaguna berempah
1/2 cawan serbuk roti
1/2 cawan minyak masak
B : (Untuk Sos Lemon)
1 sudu makan mentega
1 biji Lemon (diambil jusnya)
1 sudu teh tepung jagung - dibancuh dengan 1 sudu makan air
KAEDAH PENYEDIAAN - FISH AND CHIP :
1. Goreng jejari kentang hingga kuning keemasan.
2. Sapukan serbuk lada sulah pada permukaan ikan.
3. Tuangkan jus lemon pada ikan dan ratakan pada seluruh permukaan ikan.
4. Gaulkan ikan dengan tepung serbaguna dan ratakan.
5. Sapukan ikan dengan serbuk roti.
6. Panaskan minyak dan goreng ikan hingga kuning keemasan. Angkat dan letakkan di dalam pinggan hidangan.
7. Kemudian rebus brokoli dan tuskan.
KAEDAH PENYEDIAAN - SOS LEMON :
1. Panaskan mentega. Kemudian masukkan jus lemon dan bancuhan tepung jagung. Kacau rata dan tutupkan api.
2. Hidangkan brokoli dan kentang goreng di dalam pinggan berisi ikan.
3. Hidangkan dengan sos lemon.
Have a nice day.