As requested by Shabana, my sister in Malawi, here's the recipe for the simple Fried Egg Noodle. Sorry for taking sometime to post the recipe. Time is just not on my side at the moment...
SIMPLE FRIED EGG NOODLE
2 pieces dried egg noodle
1 piece fish cake - sliced
1 onion - sliced thinly
2 cloves garlic - sliced thinly
2 tablespoons chillie paste (more if you like it hot)
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
1 teaspoon sugar
1 tablespoon sweet soya sauce
salt to taste
1/2 carrots - cleaned and jullienned
crispy fried onions
fresh red chillie - sliced
Method : (Bread Maker)
1. Bring a pot of water to boil then add in the dried egg noodles till al dente. Drain the noodles and rinse with cold water (to keep them from sticking). Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a wok. Add in the sliced onion and garlic. Fry till soft. Add in chillie paste. Fry till fragrant.
3. Add oyster sauce, tomato ketchup, sugar, salt and sweet soya sauce to taste.
4. Add in fish cakes and carrots.
5. Lastly add in the noodles and stir to mix. Ready to serve.
Have a nice day!