Well, tried hard to think what to write but it's just useless. So for today, I'll skip the ramblings ya....
When Mat Gebu tagged me his moist orange cake photo, I was tempted to try it straight away. But when I saw it was after 10 pm, I had to think twice. I don't want to wake the whole household with the sound of my mixer! So I tried it yesterday evening. Thank you Mat for the recipe but I did make a few changes here and there to suit my laziness... hahaha....
MOIST ORANGE CAKE
Adapted from Mat Gebu's Blog
3/4 cup castor sugar
3 large eggs - separate the yolk and the white
1 1/2 cups self-raising flour
1/3 cup Twister orange juice
1/4 teaspoon orange oil
1. Beat egg whites till stiff. Set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar.
3. Add in egg yolks and orange oil. Beat well.
4. Add in flour alternately with orange juice, ending with flour.
5. Cut and fold the egg white into the batter.
6. Pour into the bundt-pan. If you are using the silicone mould, there is no need to grease.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 C for 40 t0 45 minutes
Have a nice day!