Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vanilla Muffins

T.H.E R.A.M.B.L.I.N.G.S

Last Monday evening, we brought my 'sick' laptop to the computer shop, to get rid of the virus since the 'antidote' that we 'fed' it didn't manage to kill the worm. If only I can go inside the laptop, I will surely turn into 'virus buster' and spray all the worms dead!!! Muahaha....such imagination! Hubby told that guy to remove the virus and also to fix the space bar key on my keyboard since it's not springy when he uses it. Honestly, I didn't even realise that the space bar key has a problem if he didn't mention it. When we got back my laptop, that's when I REALLY realised there's a problem with my space bar key! This really irritates me. So Ummi and Mat, you can now relax a bit for now because I won't be able to keep the title "FASTEST TYPIST" until this problem is solved...which I doubt very much! Huhuhuhu...

T.H.E R.E.C.I.P.E




I was chatting with Ana Elianas this morning and she had asked me if I have a Vanilla Muffin recipe.Since I don't have the recipe in 'stock', I went on google and landed on this website. Copied the recipe down and off to the kitchen. And wallah...I didn't waste neither my time nor my energy and ingredients, as the muffins turned out lovely. According to Syahmi's tuition teacher, the muffins tasted similar to Kenny Rogers muffins. I thought the same but since I haven't dined at Kenny Rogers for a long time, so I wasn't 100% sure.

Anyway, thank you to Diana Rattray for posting the recipe at About dot Com. Allow me to post the recipe here for the viewing pleasure of dear my visitors. Thank you.


VANILLA MUFFINS
Source : Diana Rattray @ AboutdotCom
Makes about 2 dozen muffins.


Ingredients :

4 cups flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon plus 2 teaspoons baking powder
1 scant teaspoon salt
2 cups milk
2 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
8 tablespoons butter, melted

Method :

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla. Pour milk mixture into the dry ingredients; mix all ingredients thoroughly. Spoon into greased or paper lined muffin tins and bake at 400° for 20 minutes.


Vanilla Muffins


Take care everyone!

11 comments:

  1. salam ma, i,m gonna to try this muffin soon! like the mark "the muffins tasted similar to Kenny Rogers muffins"...wow...

    ReplyDelete
  2. wa maaaa... sape kata muffin mama tak montoks! daku pong terguda lorr...jom tuko nak tak?? hihi

    ReplyDelete
  3. mama...kita dah lamaaa ada recipe ni..

    n kita wat niaga pon pakai resepi ni..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maisya baru buat muffin guna resepi ni last week cuma tersilap sikit....buat separuh adunan tapi telurnya terbubuh 2 bijik le pulak so adunan jadik cair sikit, bakar jugaklah tawakkal je. Nasib baik jadik jugak walaupun rupa dia out sikit...he..he..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wahahahaa...yep, as far as I concerned, you're the fastest typist Ma..Ummi n Mat kan, kalau chatting dgn Ma..just baca je laaa, xdan nak mencelah pun, lepas tu habis2 pun letak emoticons je laa, gelak2, gedik2...tu jek..Ni keyboard Ma rosak..so kurang sikit lah sesemut jari jemari ni nak menjawab dgn Ma..hahahaa...Ummi dgn Mat doakan, lambat2 sikit la baiki keyboard tu eh..sejuk mata sikit tgk Ma taip..sempat la nak membalas..wahahahaa..Whatever, you're still the one Ma! wahahaha..

    ReplyDelete
  6. lina :
    Waalaikumussalam Lina... yup, that remark memang mengujakan kan...ahaks.. anyway, hope you'll think the same about the taste. Try baking half the recipe first ye.. just like what I had done.

    hana :
    Muffin mama bolehlah tahan montoks tapi kurang jelita.... huhuhu...

    mommy anis :
    Mommy Anis niaga harga bestlah. Macam ni, ma order je la....hehehe...

    Maisya :
    Tu la kan, bahaya sket kalau dok buat separuh adunan kalau tak tulis recipe separuh tu siap-siap atas kertas resepi. Memang ada harapan nak terlupa! Patutnya Maisya bancuh kat bowl lain, pas tu tuang dalam adunan dua telur tu...tapi tak apalah, janji edible! Apa ada pada ropa!

    Ummi :
    Mi, jangan nak happy happy aa... Kita rasa, kita dah tahu trick cemana nak mengatasi masaalah space bar kita ni ye. Ada harapan, title tu tetap daku yang punya....hahahhaa....ketawa devil tu...muahahaha...astaghafirullahalazim..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Salam mama..
    wow mapin KR kena cuba nie hehehe...happy bday to mama blog yer terlewat wish lak i am sori...

    ReplyDelete
  8. bila la kita nk reti buat mffin ni ye..mcmana nk pndai klu xbuat..hahaha..ma..xde yg balan2 ke..muahh..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Salam mama, saya nak tanya, adunan untuk muffin ni cair ke berketul2...time kiter nak bakar kiter set api atas bawah ek...saya buat tapi tak menjadi sedih je...harap mama dapat membantu...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Salam, kira baru nk mencuba so naj tanya, how much is a scant of salt..thanks in advance

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Waalaikumussalam Irda...

      Secubit garam sahaja. Tapi kalau guna majerin, tak perlu masukkan garam.

      Delete

Please feel free to drop a comment or two... much appreciated... thank you!