JAPANESE-STYLE SWEET BUN DOUGH
Adapted from : Gert of My Kitchen Snippets
(Makes 16 buns )
35g milk powder
90g caster sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
8g instant dry yeast
1 egg, lightly beaten
150ml (approx.) lukewarm water – adjust according
40g butter, cubed
4 tbsp Water Roux
1 egg + a bit of water (for egg wash the buns)
Method : (Bread Maker)
1. Pour water, water roux and salt into the bread maker pan. Add in egg. Top it with flour, milk powder, sugar and yeast.
2. Set the breadmaker to Dough function.
3. Once the dough is just combined, add in cubed butter and leave the Breadmaker to continue doing it's job. This process will take about 1 1/2 hour including prooving.
4. Divide the dough to 60g each. Shape into a ball.
5. Arrange the dough on a baking tray. Let it prove till double the size.
6. Egg wash the top sprinkle with coarse sugar. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 c for 25 minutes.
Have a nice day everyone!